Le Mans Classic2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Right you lot I’ve been in touch with the place we stayed last year and they are taking bookings for camping so need to know who is going
Think that bloke Chris vega is going and that sensible chap Tim with his lad and will hopefully have his Zed finished and Jake was part of the gang
Jon will be going as it’s just a formality with him
Anyone else

Farmer42

Club Member
I am seriously considering this one but depends on the budget. It would be my first time so do you have any details of the place you stayed last year please? Also the cost, and whether you book ferries & track tickets separately or is it all-in. Thanks.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Camping was about 90 quid on top of that you have ferry,food,BEER and petrol which can be shared if you have a passenger.tolls if you don’t use the B roads ,pass for the z stand and track day which you get both off The French bloke Sean and more beer so get a passenger and it’s half price most of it
Where are you based

status

Well-Known Forum User
I spoke to Jon on Friday so he is going,we will be shipping out of Dover there are other alternatives for you which might be nearer it’s just a lot longer ferry crossing,swings and roundabouts really,we will be booking our pitches quite soon,Ping me over yer email and I’ll send you the details as to where we are staying when we have booked our pitches I’ll let you know then you can do the same tell em you are with us then all the Zeds will be together,you don’t have to pay any deposits you just pay when you get there

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Can you request a better pitch area than last time. On the other side, nearer the bar would be a good start and away from that duck pond. Quack!

Will be going Portsmouth-Caen probably overnight sailing on Wednesday night.

status

Well-Known Forum User
That bar takes 1 minute or less to reach so I don’t want to take a chance on another pitch as it might take an extra 30 seconds to reach it also it was all ok until You arrived as I think it was you who pisssed the duck off hence the quacking all night but I think a 12 gauge might sort the problem out,I’ve spoke to Jon I need to speak to the sensible one and Jake then we will book it sometime this week,I’m going to propose we go on the ferry this time as the train was pants,

Farmer42

Club Member
I spoke to Jon on Friday so he is going,we will be shipping out of Dover there are other alternatives for you which might be nearer it’s just a lot longer ferry crossing,swings and roundabouts really,we will be booking our pitches quite soon,Ping me over yer email and I’ll send you the details as to where we are staying when we have booked our pitches I’ll let you know then you can do the same tell em you are with us then all the Zeds will be together,you don’t have to pay any deposits you just pay when you get there

PM'd

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Do you know when ? Do you know whom to contact for tickers, how much, who wants track sessions which'll need to be booked up early ?

Is anyone likely to want to avoid the Brit ghetto and actually mix and make new Z friends ? If so, come and camp on the circuit with the rest of us.

Pondo

Club Member
I have no idea on any of it as it will be my first time going. Happy to take advise from whomever would like to give it and be pointed in the right direction for tickets etc and best places for camping.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Best place for camping depends on wot you want,trackside and you are right in amongst everything ie noise smells atmosphere ect or where we stay which is more up market and better facilities and 20 mins away,Sean sorts out the tickets for the lap parade and Z stand ect,

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I don't think that you can class our camping as smelly, certainly a background noise of real race engines hacking it down Mulsanne and no swimming pool (or ducks)......but LM Classic is all about soaking up a previous era - if you want a 5star camping, why not try Bournemouth ?:rolleyes:
We are 2mins from the stand which means that one can come and go for shorter periods of time throughout the whole weekend including the night.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Do you know when ? Do you know whom to contact for tickers, how much, who wants track sessions which'll need to be booked up early ?

Is anyone likely to want to avoid the Brit ghetto and actually mix and make new Z friends ? If so, come and camp on the circuit with the rest of us.

We have camped with Sean and the french Z club the last two times and will be again next year.
It’s a close enough walk to the track via the pits with a great atmosphere.
Each time we have been made very welcome .
Definitely not smelly the shower block is clean with plenty of hot water albeit basic

status

Well-Known Forum User
When I sed smells I meant the race cars thought that was obvious I’ve camped with Sean and co and enjoyed every minute but as I’m now a more classy person I prefer a more classy campsite with beer on tap a restaurant and the noises of the local wildlife and when I go to the track I equally enjoy it just as much but being greedy I like the best of both worlds
Just saying

status

Well-Known Forum User
Wots wrong with ducks baldy it’s that bloke Chris Vega that started em off it was all quietish until he arrived the next day hope he is gonner behave himself next year

Status
Not open for further replies.