Le Mans Classic

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
We, the froggies and pseudo-froggies have an idea:

to participate in the next Le Mans Classic !

Not especially with a club stand and quaffing cold beer, red wine and BBQs but in the pit lane with one (or more) 240Zs on the track !
We can provide lodging, administration, even trained (emphasis on competition trained) mechanics and of course fanz to cheer the cars on !

We have less than two years to do this and time moves VERY quickly so, if YOU are interested with your car or someone elses, let's hear from you !
Preferably public on the forum but discreet PMs and emails also welcome !

The car must have a roll cage, extinguisher system and exterior electirc cut off switch - normally running in 3 or 4 seances of 2 hours throughout the 24 hour period.

YOUR MOVE !

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Drivers and competitors must hold appropriate, valid international licences; drivers must have either any grade of the current FIA licence, (A, B or C), or the appropriate grade of the FIA Historic International Driver’s Licence.
FIA

D J

Active Forum User
How about we wack a hole in ol yeller for a cutt out a roll cage would be nice and we could do the race together

D J

Active Forum User
Sean how about we wack a hole in o yeller for a cutt out and a roll cage would be nice , we could then do the race together

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Hi, D J I spoke to you earlier,on the phone about alloy's,good to see you on website ,I know how busy you are,keep posting mate,
DJZ 60.

boomer

Well-Known Forum User
DJ ? Are the DJ I am thinking off????
If so it's nice to have you around... 'cause I ain't easy to call you from where I am...

D J

Active Forum User
You can always e mail on
david.jarman@bt.com as I canot spent a lot of time
on line, I was having a break last night after
spending the weekend at mallory park looking after
the HSCC racing Zs

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Question,

Will you ever be competitive if it is your own Z? Your own pride and joy…..

Starting point has to be; this car must be a spare car, if it gets wrecks nobody minds. You know what I mean?

You will never forgive yourself if the left or right side were curled up.

So who’s has a spare car????

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Ask Boomer if he has a spare car...
DJ one more word from you and I'll come around and pull your teeth out !

boomer

Well-Known Forum User
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

Well yes, please, I lend you my car, you upgrade it to the Le Mans std, I take it back and you will cheer me up from the stand ?
Deal?

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Sean,Which "DJ"?, are you on about? fancy pulling his teeth out
he's just got back from Mallory Park,tired,exhausted & looking
on doing some dusting on your motor...........................
I say,go for the Le man's classic, & good luck to the Frenchside
Z posse,you all sound ready for it. Good luck.......DJZ 60.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Where the f++k are all the budding racing enthusiasts, those who've already got their comp. licenses and the car ?
We can probably do this by ourselves but that's not the point or the fun of it, we want to share this potential experience with as many as are interested !
If any who've read this thread have thought, 'oh yes but how much will it cost etc' - we don't know yet but shared, it can't be all that for each person and this circuit is mythic - c'mon, let's be hearing from you !

D J

Active Forum User
you have the car I have the licence, you could get a licence, I do the prep, put up or shut up.
I bet you wish I would disapear back into my workshop eh.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I aint putting my car on the track ! I don't want a roll cage in there (yet) and Cathy won't let me. Besides, could I afford to fix it if something happened - no, I'm no longer the carefree, single lad I was - can't be too egoist !
But I'll work my butt off organising this and helping in the event for those with a little more means !
Don't disappear into your workshop unless it's to bring out some more nice bitz for sale !

D J

Active Forum User
Hook Line and sinker, could you e mail me as I am not sure what adress to use and I have some isues I need to speak to you about