Le Mans Classic July 2020

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
As people seem to be planning already (well done), I figured we might as well have the official post up here !

Bobafett

Well-Known Forum User
Fancy LMC 2020, as not been for a few years now. Assume default accommodation for all is camping to be close to the event? Suppose most hotels are booked by now!

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Sean (or anyone else with local knowledge)
Can you help in our search for a company that may deliver caravans to this site or maybe a motorhome hire company in the region ?
https://www.chateau-de-chanteloup.com

This is the place we stayed at last time Tony.
It meant we could have a spirited drive to and from the circuit in convoy but also nice surroundings when away from the circuit.
We all had small tents last time but as none of us are getting any younger have decided we want a few more comforts this time hence the above request.

Mods or Sean as thread starter - could you add the dates to the thread title which are July 3/4/5 - Thanks.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Firstly Chris - have you already approached the châteaus' owners who might have preferred contacts ?

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
I will contact Dominique tomorrow but he won't have 'preferred' suppliers, if he even knows of any, not really his concern where the caravans come from, he just wants pitch money.

status

Well-Known Forum User
I’ll have another look today but it ain’t gonner be cheap so we might as well have 5-7 days there

status

Well-Known Forum User
Motorhome picked up from Le Mans works out about £1300 for a week,sleeps 4,that’s this year prices,comfortable air bed and a decent tent work out a lot cheaper ? I’ll keep looking

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah we know that Sean baby but I think those that stayed where we did last year want to stay there again,looks like a decent tent is the best option

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I think anything this side of August is highly suspect.

I'm inclined to agree with you and believe all our summer holidays are going to be compromised.

Here, this evening, it was announced that confinement will continue to at least the end of April and fines will be increased (to £1400) for those outside with no valid reason and for repeated offenders, the fines increase along with up to 6x months in prison !

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I'm inclined to agree with you and believe all our summer holidays are going to be compromised.

Here, this evening, it was announced that confinement will continue to at least the end of April and fines will be increased (to £1400) for those outside with no valid reason and for repeated offenders, the fines increase along with up to 6x months in prison !
Blimey!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
People aren't taking it seriously - just like in your parks etc and your cops are going to be enforcing the social isolation now ! It's the only way to slow the spread and allow time for the hospitals etc to keep up with the demand.

Olive.R

Club Member
If you ask me Sean ,they should put the army in the street to reinforce what is been put in place .Food distribution ,crowd control etc.... Some people are so thick its beyond belief . China 1.5 billion people ,58 million people been asked to stay home ,they do so and it take them 2.5 months to stabilise the issue .What is it not to understand . Unfortunately if people don't behave we are going to be in the poo for a lot longer .Again what t is it not to understand.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The British were always known in Europe for waiting patiently in line - now they want to pay for a gold card to queue jump....no discipline especially if you have the wonga.

Olive.R

Club Member
But unfortunately for them this time wonga or no wonga same S**t for everybody .;)
i don't know if you seen this , but can you believe the cheek of Bori's dad asking for French passport !! Unreal , you couldn't write this ..