Le Mans Classic 2016 8, 9 + 10 July

status

Well-Known Forum User
There are a few going in our Zeds,not members here but all welcome to join us,need names soon as booking site,see yer next year

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
I need the wife to decide what she wants to do with regards to staying there, but we'll definitely be along again!!

Last year was trying to handle camping while pregnant, 2016 will be trying to handle camping with a 1 yr old... and possibly a mop dog..

I think she might be wanting a gite.. Something other than the caravan though means we may be able to tow the Datsun down (with 3 of us, it'd be crazy trying to fit all into it!). Perhaps should have bought a 260 2+2..

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Paul, Robert and others :

Keep in touch via email please (address on my signature) - we hope to make this a biggee and have already begun *sun-dancing lessons (*as opposed to rain) !

Robert - if you're ealy enough, you could reserve a room where we camped and ate last year all Zs together - the owner is a colleague of mine at Fillé (72) - remember ?

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, I recall Sean.

Reserving a room there would be ideal - we'd be with the Z guys, and also have the comfort of a room with the child (in particualy, in case your sun dancing fails!).

Do you have details for contacting/reservations please? PM me if easier!

Thanks Sean!

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
I'm hopefully heading over with a crowd from Porsche Club Ireland, currently planing on taking the 911, as can get laps of the track with the French club, but the Z may still be in the picture.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Sean

Tres Bien, both bases covered :)

Anyhow, look forward to meeting you whether your a Straight 6 or a Flat 6 :)

Will email you so we can keep in touch

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If you'll be in the Porsche parking along with the other +900, we won't see each other - be under no illusions:eek:.

Be different, stand out - drive a Z to Le Mans.

johnymd

Club Member
From what I remember and when I last went to this event, you had to drive very slowly (sometimes stopping) and follow closely the car in front.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Rob Gaskin might disagree......

Yeh, it can be ok but you have to plan ahead and try to end up at the BACK by stopping on the Mulsanne Straight (hard shoulder) and waiting until the 'sweeper' car appears. It's a bit frustrating but if things work out it can be good.

For me the circuit is special because of the history, length and speed. Motorsport enthusiasts need to do it at least once to appreciate the driver's perspective of the circuit. :thumbs:

I'll post some videos but here is me having fun passing Mike B I think (car currently being restored) and Sean (with wife on- board :eek: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytjvubo7e90