Le Mans 2022

Makesy

Club Member
I've just got back from a 6 day road trip to le mans and I'm completely blown away by the experience.

The atmosphere was one big party and the racing was on a other level.

Already making plans for next year!

Just thought some of you might like to see some pics.

IMG_20220610_153530.jpgIMG_20220612_145049.jpgIMG_20220612_144953_1.jpgIMG_20220612_005245.jpgIMG_20220611_211227.jpg
IMG_20220610_151356.jpg
IMG_20220609_155541.jpg
IMG_20220610_124445.jpg

uk66fastback

Club Member
Superb! Glad you enjoyed it. I’ve been twice before, in 1990 when Jaguar won which was fantastic and 2002 - so due another visit maybe. It’s an experience not to be missed - out on some of the corners in the middle of the night, the noise and smells are intoxicating.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Unfortunately, this year the variety was very limited and can be summed up generally as Oreca, Porsche and Ferrari. Next year expected to be much better - fingers crossed. :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Toyota? They won.
Yes, sure and Aston Martin, Corvette, Alpine, Ligier and Glickenhaus.....!

Now look at the numbers and understand why I generalised :

26x Orecas
15x Ferrari 488
10x Porsche 911RSR

-----------------

3x Aston Martin (2x sur podium GTE AM)
2x Corvette C8 (2x DNF)
2x Toyota
2x Glickenhaus
1x Ligier
1x Alpine

Makesy

Club Member
Unfortunately, this year the variety was very limited and can be summed up generally as Oreca, Porsche and Ferrari. Next year expected to be much better - fingers crossed. :)

I agree more diversity can only be a good thing, but I don't feel it impacted the experience for me personally. It was a record breaking year for number of participating cars which perhaps made up for it (62 in total).

Even with the limited field I thought it was impressive to see both Glickenhaus outperform the Alpine entry despite them being a "proper" manufacturer, and driver diversity (Iron Dames with their all female team, Lilou Wadoux competing for Richard Mille at 21 years old and the youngest driver in the grid being only 16!

The Corvettes were on for a brilliant run - heartbreaking for both of them to go out the way they did - but that's how cruel the 24h can be I suppose!

Next year will be really interesting with the category shuffle and the increase in competitors.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I agree more diversity can only be a good thing, but I don't feel it impacted the experience for me personally. It was a record breaking year for number of participating cars which perhaps made up for it (62 in total).

Even with the limited field I thought it was impressive to see both Glickenhaus outperform the Alpine entry despite them being a "proper" manufacturer, and driver diversity (Iron Dames with their all female team, Lilou Wadoux competing for Richard Mille at 21 years old and the youngest driver in the grid being only 16!

The Corvettes were on for a brilliant run - heartbreaking for both of them to go out the way they did - but that's how cruel the 24h can be I suppose!

Next year will be really interesting with the category shuffle and the increase in competitors.

Of course it didn't impact you as a rookie and glad you had a superb time.

Alpine - you can't hope to score well at Le Mans if you only bring one car !

Variety - the problem perhaps is the qty of invitees from the world Le Mans series......