LakeZ 2014

martinmac

Inactive

Just so you can put it in your calendars, I will be booking this for the weekend of 28th June.
smile.gif

The format seems to be getting there now so it will be generally the same as for 2013. Just a few tweaks so far. As for last year camping will be FREE, entry is FREE, the bands on Saturday night are FREE.

The entertainment on Saturday is a little special this year. First we have the legend that is Midge Ure doing an acoustic set. He will be followed by a Pink Floyd Tribute Band.

Friday will be meet and greet with entertainment in the pub.On Saturday there will be a drive out. There is again the option of taking the Steam Train and steamer around the lake, a nice chilled option. Anyone wanting to skydive please let me know early so I can get it booked up, they get very busy.

Saturday night we will be in the hall. The pub will be putting on a reasonably priced BBQ. I am looking at two bands on the Saturday night and with a lot of luck may have something a little special lined up. The Rose and Crown will be providing the bar for Saturday. It will be to the same high standard but this time we have come up with a slight change which will keep the prices even lower. Instead of draught beer they will be selling bottled beer. This enables them to sell a pint for about 30% less and give a lot wider range of options.

The pub will also be selling breakfast each day.

Sunday will be the show and shine judging.

If anyone wants to do anything else, go karting, horse riding, fishing, pretty much anything really then let me know and I will see what I can do.

Camping will again be free, entry on the Saturday night will be free. All I ask is that you support the raffle to save me having to sell organs.
lol.gif

I will be posting up more info as things are confirmed. In the meantime if you have any questions please ask. No need to confirm names, just turn up. There is a massive range of accommodation locally including several rental houses which work out very cheap if you can get a group together.

This is a social weekend so turn up in whatever vehicle you like. There is also a train station about 300m away.

To see what attractions are nearby this is the pub we are based at, just use the postcode and google local attractions.
smile.gif

http://rosecrowncark...ery.com/our-pub

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexx

Well-Known Forum User
The drifter Ian "Bizz" Phillips will be bringing along his LS3 powered 350z drift car.
It's hoped we will be able to organise a drifting display at the local airfield.

martinmac

Inactive
I have three rooms free in a very local holiday let building. It used to be a B&B but is now self catering. All the six rooms will be taken by owners. Its got to be for three nights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday although I guess you could add days at either end for a longer stay. I have these rooms at a locals discount so the price is around £60 per room per night.

Details as follow,

Double ensuite. Two times doubles with an additional single bed. These two share a bathroom which is next door.

Be quick if you want them. The numbers are looking very good this time and whilst there are plenty of other places to stay the closest and best will go first.

bigblock

Well-Known Forum User
lol,only just looked in detail at these lakez threads, rose and crowns location about 500ft up the bank from our friends house.I'll pre warn them lol.

bigblock

Well-Known Forum User
Christian and mandy(i wont give full details over net for obvious reasons) theyre not into the car scene,apart from the odd morris minor.They did mention some good events and decent rock music gets played at the rose and crown though.

martinmac

Inactive
I have two rooms left in the shared house. This is set up as self catering with a shared lounge and kitchen. We have the whole house. Its about 200m from the event and very nice. I have negotiated a discount but its fro three nights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The rooms work out at £180 for the three nights.

Room 1 top floor. Double and Single bed. The bathroom is shared with the room next door. which is single occupancy.
Room 2 1st floor. Two twins with a shower room.

Pm me if interested.

martinmac

Inactive
First post updated.

1. Lexx +1 - Z32
2. Harby +1 - Z32 - Camping
3. IanGreenfield +1 - Z32
4. Ian +3 - Z32
5. Rolandes +1 - Z32
6. Steve Burns accom booked
7. PaulWrangle accom booked
8. Dale+1 accom booked