L28 Engine wanted | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

L28 Engine wanted

Discussion in 'Parts and Other Items Wanted' started by Taz_20v, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Taz_20v

Taz_20v New Forum User

Willing to take a running or non running engine as I plan to go the l-31 route so If there is one available please let me know
    Thanks

2. thesteve

thesteve New Forum User

Check this out ?
    eBay item number:

3. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

There's a couple on ebay at the moment.

4. DarrenM

DarrenM New Forum User

5. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Committee
    Committee Member

6. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Committee Member

I'm not sure mileage matters does it? Would anyone here just install an engine that's been sitting about without rebuilding it?

7. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Committee
    Committee Member

That's a great point - but doesn't it mean less wear on crank / cam / rockers etc?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 11:36 AM
  8. Ped

Ped
    Z Club Member

This looks like an earlier engine than the first one on this thread, so the head may well be different. I guess this will be the N42 head? Would that affect what you are planning to do with the build? Might be worth checking out what type of head would be best for what you want to do. On the other hand it may make little or no difference, I am sure others on here can advise...

AliK likes this.
  9. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Committee
    Committee Member

10. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Committee Member

Of that list, only the rockers really wear, and they're not so expensive to replace (or even refurbish)

11. richiep

richiep Well-Known Forum User

As I’ve said before in these types of discussions, view all engines like this as unknown quantities and as rebuild fodder - so mileage or compression claims are immaterial. With that in mind, £695 is too much IMO. Anything above £350 is starting to get expensive given it’s just adding cost to the rebuild.

12. Mark N

Mark N
    Z Club Member

13. richiep

richiep Well-Known Forum User

Another chancer with no Z background pulling figures out of thin air.

chrisvega likes this.