L24 240Z Engine - SOLD

s2k_adz

Club Member
SOLD

Hey Guys,

I've had a few things hanging around for a while now but due to losing half my garage space I need to make more room!

The engine was taken from a 1974 240Z which I broke for parts due to rust. The car had done around 74k miles from memory and I think I have the service book for it. It has the E88 head.

The engine hasn't run since around 1991 but it does turn with a bar on the crank.

Looking for around £250 for this.

IMG_20181001_144649.jpg IMG_20181001_144715.jpg IMG_20181001_144723.jpg IMG_20181001_144940.jpg

IMG_20180831_102203.jpg IMG_20180831_102210.jpg IMG_20180831_102224.jpg IMG_20180831_102229.jpg IMG_20180831_102235.jpg

Last edited:

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Complete engine? There is a block and head not sold several times on ebay from a 280Z that was 400 and the guy still has...would have thought there was more interest in the 2.8 than the 2.4.

Dan

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hey Dan! Long time no speak mate! You'd love my latest purchase! An RX7 with an LS1 in it!

In regards to the engine Im not sure the L28 would be more popular as lots of people want to stay original, but I am completely open to offers and guidance on it. If its too expensive its too expensive!

Its as is in the photos so with an alternator but thats it. (I might have the starter too but no guarantees until I have chance to look)

Ill have photos later as Im going up to the unit to bring everything back home.

Last edited:

richiep

Club Member
Complete engine, but an unknown quantity that has been unused for years and should be rebuilt by anyone looking to make use of it. £250-350 realistically. Anything more than that simply won’t sell. And L28s are still more desirable than L24s - more tuning potential more economically than trying to beef up an L24.

There have been some horrendously priced engines on eBay recently, listed by people pulling figures out of thin air!

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Hey Dan! Long time no speak mate! You'd love my latest purchase! An RX7 with an LS1 in it!

In regards to the engine Im not sure the L28 would be more popular as lots of people want to stay original, but I am completely open to offers and guidance on it. If its too expensive its too expensive!

Its a complete engine though from memory (its been in storage ages).

Ill have photos later as Im going up to the unit to bring everything back home.

Hey buddy, I did see a video of it somewhere! Looks great! Makes me miss my old LS1...

Once the original numbers matching L24 has gone I don't think originality means much to people then...I also don't think the original engine means much unless its an early car or Fairlady.

Dan

s2k_adz

Club Member
Thanks for the replies guys!

I suppose yea. Ive got 2 x L26 and an L28 at the moment hanging around so I need to start shifting them so its good to know what people want!

Do you think the 2.6 is worth anymore than the 2.4?

skinjim

Club Member
Thanks for the replies guys!

I suppose yea. Ive got 2 x L26 and an L28 at the moment hanging around so I need to start shifting them so its good to know what people want!

Do you think the 2.6 is worth anymore than the 2.4?
Hi, you say you have an L28? Any details on that? My L24 blew up at the weekend and I might as well get a bit more performance if I'm spending the money!

s2k_adz

Club Member
Sorry to hear about that mate. What a nightmare!

Unfortunately the L28 I planned to keep for my own car. I do have an L26 though, it would probably need a full overall as it hasnt run in years

skinjim

Club Member
Complete engine? There is a block and head not sold several times on ebay from a 280Z that was 400 and the guy still has...would have thought there was more interest in the 2.8 than the 2.4.

Dan
Hi, I don't suppose you have the contact details for the guy with the L28 do you?

uk66fastback

Club Member
Is it £250 or are you taking offers?! I think you're the other side of the country but I quite fancy a nice 2.4 as a bit of a project ... I'll have to factor in how we get it from yours to mine logistically ...

s2k_adz

Club Member
Is it £250 or are you taking offers?! I think you're the other side of the country but I quite fancy a nice 2.4 as a bit of a project ... I'll have to factor in how we get it from yours to mine logistically ...

Hey Mike Im open to sensible offers mate.

I can wrap it to a pallet if required although I would much prefer a pickup if you fancy a lovely weekend in beautiful sunny Wales ;)

uk66fastback

Club Member
Adz, I know you said you sometimes work a bit over this side of the country - was it Derby way? Is it possible you could get it to there? Let me know what might be possible ... what bit of Wales are you in? I did go view a Mustang once in Hereford and that took forever to get to!

Conversation started with you re price ...

s2k_adz

Club Member
Im in Newport South Wales. Its only a 3h drive. I drive almost that to see the Mrs every other weekend! ;)

I do go to Nottingham occasionally but getting an engine there might be a little tricky! Ive got a pickup but how would we get it out your end bearing in mind I have a completely buggered back haha.