Kimbolton Country Fayre - 8th July 2018

lesmo

Club Member
Kimbolton Country Fayre - 8th July 2018

(Any Make / Model can attend).

nissansportz attended this event in 2017 and we would like to extend an offer to our friends in ZClub to join us in 2018. Payment is on the day/on the gate. Its a great event for those who have not attended before. This thread will be updated as information is provided by the organisers

sml_gallery_123_461_163732.jpg
sml_gallery_123_461_139346.jpg
sml_gallery_123_461_126446.jpg

Kimbolton Country Fayre is now in it’s 27th year, a charity event for the whole family, organised by volunteers from The Rotary Club of Kimbolton Castle and The Sporting Bears Motor Club. It is held in the beautiful grounds of Kimbolton Castle in Cambridgeshire, the home of Kimbolton School.

sml_gallery_123_500_4777368.jpg
sml_gallery_123_461_115515.jpg
sml_gallery_123_500_5664099.jpg
sml_gallery_123_461_48845.jpg

In 2017 the 26th Kimbolton Country Fayre and Classic Car show organised by the Rotary Club of Kimbolton Castle in partnership with the Sporting Bears was by any measure a great event.

Over 6,000 visitors enjoyed a spectacular array of entertainment and activities including Heavy Horses, Beagles, the Sealed Knot, the Galaxy Swing Band, the Lindy Hoppers, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight flypast and of course over 900 Classic cars.

All this and more than 60 stalls and other activities, Twinwoods Adventure Race room’s Ford Focus simulator and Knowles Dairy (a unique display of vintage dairy from 1940’s to the 1960’s).

In total over £23 000 was raised for a range of charities including Burns Camp, Samuel Pepys School, HemiHelp, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, Ellesmere Opportunity Group, Holly Ward (Hinchinbrooke Hospital), Mission Motor Sports and many other Rotary supported charities and good causes.

New last year were model car racing and the Dream rides were more popular than ever and a flyby of a Hurricane from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight fully met expectations.

The Fayre has raised over £380,000 over the last 26 years. Staffed by over 60 volunteers on the day and backed by a year of planning.

The 2018 Fayre will again have a fantastic line up of show ring events, stalls and entertainment as well as the usual tea tent, real ale bar, classic cars on display, plus many more attractions and activities for the whole family

The 2018 fayre will be held on Sunday the 8th of July, gates open for general admission at 11.00am. Classic cars for display arrive from 9.00am.

Although in 2017 arrivals were from 7:30am. 2017 Attendance Cost was £10 per car with two occupants or discounted £8 with single occupancy. It would be great if you can make this new event in the 2018 calendar.

This was a great event in 2017. With lots to do for the car enthusiast as well as the Fayre for those who wanted something different. It would be great to see as many of you guys that can make it.

The organisers are really flexible and cars are allowed to leave early, and BBQ's etc are allowed as well as dogs. We welcome any model not just Nissan sportscars - so anything you call your pride and joy!

Organsers Website can be found here: http://kimboltoncountryfayre.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

lesmo

Club Member
Attending:

1. Lesmo & Cazza - 370z Nismo
2. Yank44 - GT-R
3. ChasGFL - 370z Roadster
4. Chaz3d - 1974 Datsun 240z L28
5. Chas - 280zx Turbo
6. jr6yam & Mrs - 350z
7. JohnFK - GT-R
8. DonMuscles (Prov)
9. Mr Ex Jnr (Prov)
10. Julian
11. JohnK

Reserve List

Last edited:

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Unfortunately the dates for this clash with the Le Mans Classic next year so I imagine a number of members will be across the channel with their cars like myself.

Gutted as this is only a few minutes up the road from my other half and sounds like a great day out, maybe next time! (Thanks for including Zclub, I had a great time at Leeds Castle last year).

uk66fastback

Club Member
Kimbolton is not far down the A1 from me but unfortunately I'll be at the British Grand Prix ... maybe in the Z. We camp most years for three days ... have a great time. have some mates in the Porsche Club of GB, so going in their special stand next year ... food, bar, decent toilets, the lot.

Chas

Z Club Member
I use to organise The Z clubs stand at this classic car show since about 1995, and stop two or three years ago, as the only Z's that turn up was my own 2 cars, which was a shame. when the club first attend we would have between 20 - 25 cars turn up.

lesmo

Club Member
We managed 8 cars last year. But I think attendance is down across the board its really difficult to persuade busy people to attend events. However, lets hope we get a few cars there this next year. We have a few already who say they hope to make it. I will be there its 9 miles down the road - in 2016 I attended on my own.

Last edited by a moderator:

chaz3d

Club Member
Put me down for this please, would like to come in with you guys if you don't mind on of the old girls tagging along!

Went to this show last year and it was a fantastic day out with a great mix of cars!

Cheers

Chris
1974 Datsun 240z L28 - Running (huge!) Tripple Webers

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
I'll be at Le Mans classic on that date this year but this looks like a good event for next year ;)

lesmo

Club Member
Put me down for this please, would like to come in with you guys if you don't mind on of the old girls tagging along!

Went to this show last year and it was a fantastic day out with a great mix of cars!

Cheers

Chris
1974 Datsun 240z L28 - Running (huge!) Tripple Webers

Brilliant Mate. I will add you. You will find the main thread for the event on the nissansportz forum page: http://forums.nissansportz.com/topic/39988-kimbolton-country-fayre-car-show-july-8th-2018/

lesmo

Club Member
I need to go back now with final numbers. I am going to contact the organiser and say I will go back after Easter - so please if anyone is thinking of going please sign up. This year they are using wrist bands (which I will need to post in advance - you will pay on the gate) - so its necessary to fix the numbers more so than previous years.

The Charge is set at a flat rate of £10 per car.

lesmo

Club Member
I have sent off for 10 places. Last year we had 8 cars from nissansportz, so both clubs together I am hopeful for 10 cars. This year I need to send wrist bands out, so I will collect Addresses closer to the time and get them posted off. We are getting a nice mix of cars attending as a group so far :cheers:

chaz3d

Club Member
Still very much up for this! It’s only 20minutes down the road for me so a no brainier! :)

After going last year it was one of the highlights of the year for car shows. Admittedly it was one of those rare hot sunny and dry days which massively helps!!