Keys Open Doors - Key Cutting?

ShanksKop

Club Member
I'm after Keys, not this one (but it would be a suitable substitute)

alicia-keys-no-makeup-pics.jpg

I've had a little search in the forum to no avail.

I've got the one key that opens all locks, so think it wise to get a couple more cut as back up.

I've contacted a load of places on the internet and after initial promise, they've all come up with nothing.

Anyone, have recommendations for a place that can cut to code?

Alternatively I'm in London (NW)/Manchester and can visit a real store.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

uk66fastback

Club Member
Can you not buy blanks from the US, then take them along to your friendly local shop? Is that how these things work. I remember doing something similar with my old Ford.

Huw

Club Member
I got a couple of blanks and took them to Timpsons in my local highstreet. They cut them from the original for free (well a small donation to charity). Timpsons also had a generic blank that would fit my 280ZX.

Original looking blanks are available from theZStore and Zcardepot I believe.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Same for me. My spare set for my 260z were cut by the local cobbler from blanks he had in stock. I don't think they're special.

ShanksKop

Club Member
Thanks chaps

Looks like the initial responses back from the online companies were those that were not able to find the key code.

I coincidentally went by Timpson, they weren't able to cut by code, but did advise they could order a blank (they didn't have them in stock) and if I came in with my current key, they could cut it quite easily.

ShanksKop

Club Member
Not sure if it will help anyone, but some of the more promising responses I got back today.
  • Keys4classics-
Mxxxx is a valid code for cutting our all-metal key #111
http://www.keys4classics.com/images/111.jpg

Pricing:
2 keys #111 cut to code Mxxxx and economy airmail US$30
3 keys #111 cut to code Mxxxx and economy airmail US$42

Option- for the same key with a solid moulded black head #422 http://www.keys4classics.com/images/422.jpg
ADD US$2 per key required in this style
  • lockhouse-sec (eBay)
I will have to order a min of 5 key blanks the cost for 3 keys cut to code with postage will by £20 thank you
  • noveltyniceties (eBay)
£7.50 for the first key and £5 each per extra key.
  • Key2code - £9.99 per Key
https://www.key2code.co.uk/store/p1..._keys_cut_to_code_-_for_years_pre_1994.html#/
  • Timpson - £9.99 per key

Last edited:

johnymd

Club Member
Would anyone know if it is possible to get these keys cut just from the code and can the code be found on any of the locks? I need a key for one of my zeds as I've lost the only key I have. As all the locks and ignition use the same key I don't really want to start replaceing them and have different keys for each one.

ShanksKop

Club Member
Last edited:

uk66fastback

Club Member
Not so sure it was due to the content, maybe a copyright issue. People think they can use any old pic on the 'net (I'm as guilty as the next bloke sometimes) but it does belong to someone.

ShanksKop

Club Member
For those wanting keys cut to code eBay seller
'noveltyniceties' were very responsive to all contact and delivered in good time.

£7.50 first key and £5 each additional key.