Key is not recognised and ipod jack duff :(

Cougar

Active Forum User
It seems to be my week for zed problems....I had a new ipod jack fitted at Westover last year as the sound was coming and going....and now we have a repeat of the problem :(

Plus...the car sometimes does not seem to realise that I have the key in my pocket/handbag, I just keep getting the ' no key' error and also the doors won't lock when I touch the door handle button...I have to use the fob :rant: the first thing that I did was to check the battery level which is fine...any idea's pleeeease! :conf2:

martinmac

Inactive
You havent kicked any black cats recently have you. Give me a few minutes and I will have a trawl and see what I can find.

martinmac

Inactive
Right, I have had a look around. I have only found one person with the key issue similar to yours. It was fixed when the car went in for the recall and I dont have any details of what they did. Sorry about that, I will keep looking.

Cougar

Active Forum User
Right, I have had a look around. I have only found one person with the key issue similar to yours. It was fixed when the car went in for the recall and I dont have any details of what they did. Sorry about that, I will keep looking.

Thanks for looking Martin :)

Paul_S

Club Member
Hi Val, I've only just seen this and hope you've fixed this by now.

If not, then I had the same issue and it was down the batteries I was using - see here

Paul :)

Cougar

Active Forum User
Thanks Paul, no....both key and ipod jack still messing about :/ sh is due for a service so as Westover Nissan fitted the new jack I'm pretty sure that they will sort it for me , I will mention the fob too :thumbs:

Paul_S

Club Member
I hope it's sorted for you. Let us know :)

From what I hear, Nissan are surprisingly competitive on pricing for the fob batteries!!!