Kent ZG Re-Launch Meet

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Morning All,

As some of you may have read in the recent Kent ZG Newsletter, Steve Lack and I are re-launching the group, and hoping to get as many people as possible to participate in the group and future events. With this in mind, here are the details for the first outing:

Date: August 15th
Venue: Beachy Head (Eastbourne)
Time: 1100 am onwards

The plan is to meet at the site of the "Beachy Head" pub, which is located right on the headland at Beachy Head, there's a car park just before it on the right with plenty of space, starting from about 11 am, unfortunately, it's a Pay & Display, but I don't think there'll be enough room in the Pub Car Park itself.

We are thinking along the lines of meeting up, either getting some grub in the pub or bringing a picnic (It's only a Brewer's Fayre, so don't get too excited ;) ), taking some snaps of the cars, and watching some of the Eastbourne Airshow that happens to be on over this weekend! :D

Beachy Head is a smashing spot for a meet; there's some fantastic views and scenery, which (weather allowing), should mean we can take some wonderful photos of the cars .. there's also the pub and an ice cream van, not too mention, a lovely village pub just along the road in East Dean, and a short drive on to Brighton Marina, if anyone fancies it later on.

The airshow itself is a fairly large event, comprising military planes, commercial stuff and the Red Arrows!! :D :D This starts from about 11 a.m. - I've spoken to the local Tourist Information who inform me that so long as we steer clear of Eastbourne Sea-Front, then traffic *shouldn't* be too bad. A full programme will be available from the 6th August, so I'll post the details then. You can also have a look at the airshow website by clicking here: Eastbourne Airshow

Suggested route, is to approach Eastbourne on the A22, then branch off toward Seaford on the A259, shortly after which there's a left turn onto the B2103, which then forks off toward Beachy Head on a loop road that runs round the headland. It's impossible to miss the pub and car park as you approach it.

We'll be welcoming members (we hope) from 300zx.co.uk and 350zuk.com also, and I'll be posting this same invite on those two forums shortly. It'd be nice to get the maximum possible turnout and diversity of Zs.

Please post up if your intending to come - any questions, drop me or Steve a PM. Look forward to seeing you there!

CheerZ,
JB. :D

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Thought I'd move this back to the top - just to see if *anyone* posting on here is coming along ... 25 views ... phewee, that's impressive. That's about 1 view per 10 words of my original post. :D

Hope to see some of you there on Sunday, although I know there's lots of other events on.

CheerZ,
JB.

gizmo71

currum auriga quasi furtivum
Sorry, I did mean to come, honest, I, ahem, overslept by rather a lot on Sunday! :eek:

Wish I had come, the F1 race was the dullest of the year! :(

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by gizmo71

Wish I had come, the F1 race was the dullest of the year! :(

LOL - and it's had some stiff competition this year too!! :D

Don't worry - you did say "weather dependent" IIRC, and tbh, the weather was the only thing that marred an otherwise cracking day-out.

Despite only 10 cars turning out, we had a good selection, with 240/260/280/300 and 350 all represented. Steve managed to take some cracking pictures too, so watch out for them in the next local group newsletter and the Local Group Report in the magazine.

Some really interesting planes were on display, the highlight being for me the Lancaster that flew directly over where we were sitting, which seemed to be no more than about 100 feet over our heads!! :eek:

As it happens, there was a sunset 350 cruising up and down, but never at the points that I was rushing back to the car park to see if it was a straggler from our group! :D Guess not, then.

CheerZ to those who turned out, nice to meet Chris and his wife, and Peter (who's hopefully going to join shortly), plus see a few familiar faces too! :D

Let's see if we can get a few more to the next meet, and maybe manage a Z31 too for the complete set!! :)

CheerZ,
JB.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Nize photos from Steve - is it a trend not to see many of the older (Z) cars out and about nowadays ?

Mr.F

Inactive
By the law of averages, Zs will appear at meeting in proportions that represent their actual model numbers within the Club membership. If we had 150 240Zs in a membership of 700, then each meeting should include at least 20% of its attendance as 240Zs...............................not!

However, at the last Santa Pod gathering, 2 out of 10 attendees were in 240Zs!! Just goes to show not all the "classic" Z owners are too precious about their cars to bring them to meetings.

.............and your point is, Mike???? Sorry, rambling on....

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Aah, the point is that the 'classic' Z seems very shy about coming out nowadays. Either acid rain has stepped up it's appearance or the higher values on the Zs makes owners hesitate to take them out or the classic insurance policies' limited mileages are starting to bite ...?
Mike, if you had a 25% attendance of Zs at a 'motorsport' do and not merely a drive out or show, then perhaps that is what the Z owners prefer to do !
So maybe my idea to have a 'just' classic car show wouldn't work. Back to the idea of track days then !!!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
At the last couple of meets that I've attended, at least 60% of the turnout were 240/260's! For example, the Sheffield show consisted of 18 cars, of which 11 were early model cars...which mainly drove in a large convoy to the show!
Perhaps it's just the southern ''Z'' owners who are shy?!:D
Cheerz,
JEZ

steven lack

Well-Known Forum User
hi john thanks for sorting the location at beachy head last sunday i thoroughly enjoyed the day , hopefully there will be more zedders at next meet,

attendances well at billing there were
30 240z
19 260z
7 280zx
5 300zx z31approx
25 300zxtt
5 350z
which is 50% turn out of z
local group meets are gonna show smaller nos because not all the zeds in england are gonna attend any one group meet in one mass( now theres an idea )
track days yep yep and yep problem over hear is cost and more important up front money commitment from members to make track day viable last one at goodwood so poorly supported by club members that if the datsun owners and FTOclubs had not attended would have been a huge amount of money down the toilet .Are track day rebels in the minority or do there drivers not know how much fun a zed is on the track even if standard
(we cant all be schuey yuk i ment anyone else but him ooops)
surely its the only real place left to enjoy the cars capabilities .
there are certain track days threw out the year organised by for example trax or hill climbs
THE REAL REASON THE CLASSIC ZED SEEMS TO BE SHY ABOUT COMING OUT THERSE DAYZ
actually they are out but never seen cause there so god damn fast like a plane with an after burner you can here them but youll always be looking in the wrong place.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I counted 9 Z31's at Billing on the Saturday...but I don't know about the Sunday!
Cheerz,
JEZ;)