Just to introduce myself

slaphead

Club Member
Hi my name is Mark. I'm an oldish fart and I have been around and working on cars since my early teens.

The last of my bachelor motors was an Orange 260z 2 seater (RJV 126N) - she Rusted in Pieces long ago but left a lasting impression on me.

Despite having built and run a 91 480bhp R32 GTR for the last few years - I descided to revisit my mispent youth and recently aquired a resonably solid 2+2 hence me being here now.

Having already bumped into a couple of the forum regulars and found them both knowledgable and very helpful I look forward to meeting more of you over the next year or so..

Mark

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi - welcome.

I follow revisiting the youth-bit but why the MASSIVE power-drop when so many Zedders are swapping for your type of power in their Zs ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Slaphead - you must have a hairstyle like me and this 'smilie' ;).

Welcome to the club.

Perhaps you find the 260 a little easier for DIY maintenance than a Skyline?

slaphead

Club Member
Thanks for the warm welcome lads

Just to answer Deans query - why I am apparently dropping 300+ from the Skyline - to a 150 ish Z - yes hooning around Snetterton in a 480bhp R32 is an adrenlene junkies dream - especially coming onto the back straight at 70 plus and going sideways as you accerate down the straight, but I found I had just as much (if not more) fun in the tight corners keeping it on the track.

As I built the GTR up over the years I found myself disconnecting the aids that were suppossed to make me look good as a driver - 4 wheel steer being a good example - this kept interphering in situations I had under control so it had to go.

I found that you can have just as much fun with less HP by being in direct control of the car - not that I would be adverse to a few extra horses in a Z, 200 - 250 would be plenty I think lol