Joined.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
EKH679J here, I told Pete I wanted to be a proper member and he said OK as long as I behave. I told him, bear in mind that it's very cold and you've not got me a garage yet. He said that the best he could do meantime was that he'd take me out for a run every now and then to make sure I was OK. I asked him why he didn't get a garage first before getting me and he said that that he'd always really wanted me and that time was running out and he promised he'd get a garage soon. He 'kin better it's 'kin freezin ( I'm ex California).Said he'd take me skiing soon. Not sure I believe him.

Attachments

• DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Love it!!!!!

Love to see more pics EKH! And to hear what lies beneath the bonnet.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to dissapoint, it didn't have any wing badges when I got it.Ordered some Datty 240Z badges but they sent the wrong ones,I liked the them, mounting points in same position and it is a Fairlady sort of.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome EKH679J! Don't worry too much about the garage. I don't have one either and I have survived ok these past 5 years. Tell Pete to get you a nice warm cover. That did the trick for me. All the best - XUX 84S.

johnymd

Club Member
Hi from SVX707M, 4BOA, SCW455L, SCW456L, TGU980L, PKJ112L AND BSS285M. Good to have you part of our UK gathering. Tell Pete to be carful where he parks you at car meeting as we tend to breed like rabbits.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Pete, says he's gonna fit new points tomorrow (Japanese manufactured old stock) and give me a new windae washer pump (generic fit). Says we can't go skiing till he's done it, aye, right, whatever. He's only getting me new points cos I ran like a dog last weekend ha, ha.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
So,getting there, it's April, lovely day, sun has set but it's not dark, just waiting on those long cool nights when it never gets really dark, some advantages being in the Northern UK. I'd say Scotland but we missed that chance.Cali temps, sunrise, sunset?

SacCyclone

Club Member
84 today, sun up at 6:23, sun down at 7:52. Preparing for a very cold Friday at 66 with some rain but back in the 80's later next week. We are troopers here so we'll make it ok. LOL

richiep

Club Member
84 today, sun up at 6:23, sun down at 7:52. Preparing for a very cold Friday at 66 with some rain but back in the 80's later next week. We are troopers here so we'll make it ok. LOL

Ugh. I REALLY miss living in California. :(

What used to crack me up was seeing people in winter coats when it dropped into the 60s - I'd be in my t-shirt thinking "what is wrong with these people?" :D

Of course, when I moved back to the UK I was perpetually cold for a year!

Farmer42

Club Member
Hello EKH679J from your Japanese cousin EKH523J.

I'm a RHD Fairlady Z originally from the land of the rising sun that has travelled a few countries including USA (California) and ended up in sunny Bristol, UK.

My owner decided to give up on buying points as he moaned about them burning out frequently so I'm fitted with an Electronic dizzy from a 280ZX. Felt & run loads better since & would suggest that you give it a go.:thumbs:

Having problems with my heater hoses at the moment so I'm in bits but its fun seeing my owner turn into a contortionist under the dashboard trying to sort it all out. The bleep machine has been in overdrive the last couple of weekends with some colourful language which is not English or Japanese:devil:

Hope to meet up sometime.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Hi EKH679J, never made the skiing,but been taking him back and forward to work,lots of thumbs up and mobile phone pics and vids, from other motorists and and a note under the wipers 'are you for sale'.No I'm not. kin freezing here weathers a bit better now. So for some reason he's taken some pics called can you see the car, he really is a bit of a tatw, but he looks after me OK so... What a lponker!

Attachments

• IMG_20160514_211533553[1].jpg
    IMG_20160514_211533553[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20160514_211647208[1].jpg
    IMG_20160514_211647208[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah, I just don't know how to go about it. I've had' tradesmen' in to do work and it's a minefield.I've got an east european joiner i can trust now.
It doesn't help that I don't know if I want a 150mm slab for a timber garage or a single skin garage or a foundation for a double skin garage.I don't know much about this sort of stuff and I know I'll get reamed if I leave it all to someone else. I've got relatives in Eire that seem to throw stuff up at the drop of a hat, it's all, Michael will dig out, his brother will lay the blocks,Sean along the road will do the roof .....etc.Maybe I need to call in a few favours.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Foundations and structure for a double garage (no door) with the option to extend to make a quadruple garage allowing 3xcar storage and a workshop/storage space if needed....ie if you don't sort yourself out a seperate lean-to so you can in fact store 4x cars !