JDM Legends and E-Bay- click click click | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

JDM Legends and E-Bay- click click click

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by SacCyclone, Oct 17, 2018.

1. SacCyclone

SacCyclone
    Z Club Member

So I'm watching JDM Legends the other night and they show off a RHD import from Japan they just got into the shop. During an overview of the car, they mention and show a cool little Jeco clock sitting on the dash. I of course watch the show with the computer sitting next to me and decide to see if i can find the little clock on e-bay. Sure enough I did and for a low buy it now price. Few clicks and a few days later, the little clock is sitting on my work bench. What a cool time we live in!

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Paul_S likes this.
  2. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

That's quite sweet that Mike. Strange the things you can find on ebay if you look hard enough - !

3. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

Showing my ignorance here - were these standard fitment on JDM supplied cars ?

Or a cool period JDM accessory?

4. SacCyclone

SacCyclone
    Z Club Member

Not quite sure but probably not standard equipment as they sit on the dash, has little metal scrubbers on the bottom to grab the dash and not move around.
    I would take a guess and say they were over the counter purchases if your car had no factory clock.
    Others may have a more accurate answer.

5. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

What's the wiring on it - I see none ?

6. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

Wi-Fi. EXTRA;)

7. SacCyclone

SacCyclone
    Z Club Member

I have not tinkered with it yet Sean but I think it may be battery operated???
    I will play with it tomorrow.

8. SacCyclone

SacCyclone
    Z Club Member

Yes, the information manual provided with the clock in the original box confirms that it is battery operated using a JIS UM-2 (1.5V) battery which is a "C" size here in the states or 14 / R14 in Europe. I will give it a try this week to see if it still operates.

9. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Committee Member

Found this on Google - looks like it came in different colours:

41104974375_a51533a23a_b.jpg

SacCyclone likes this.
  10. moggy240

moggy240 INSURANCE VALUATIONS OFFICER Committee Member

That's cool !!!!!