Japfest Donington - 13th July 2019

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hi All,

After the success of this weekends events I thought I'd put out feelers for another Club event if people are interested. Should you be inclined then there would be the possibility of either camping or another overnighter.

Event details can be found per the link below for those who are unaware of what the event entails:

http://www.japfest.co.uk/japfest-donington

Admission tickets are £15 and track time may still be available for those who would like.

For now I just want to get a provisional idea on numbers to see whether its worth registering a club stand, please can I therefore have a show of hands?

We'll have to work fast as the ticket deadline for clubs is on the 10th June in just under a month.

Mark

richiep

Club Member
I like your thinking - I actually checked into this yesterday as I put some feelers out at the weekend about doing it and was going to sort a booking. (although club booking was showing as closed, although now mysteriously back open!). Happy for you to take point if you want Mark!

We should be able to get enough to have a stand (minimum 5 cars). I will definitely be going regardless, Dave Porter has said he will come too. I'm sure Christian (Mr Ex Jr) will be up for it as we both went last year. So there's five already with you and Ryan. I can't imagine that would be it if we actually get something booked.

Just go ahead and register the club as attending IMO. I'll do it if you don't!!!

It's a great version of Japfest; a baby version of Silverstone. Accessible and a good vibe. The majority of the club stands are spread throughout the paddock. The individual displays are over on the grassy banks outside the track (near where we used to be at the Donington Historic). Having a club stand would avoid us ending up spread around out there.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
if where having a stand I will probs be down for this done it last couple of years

normally see Richard Parker there :)
last year was another 240 there it won show and shine

Farmer42

Club Member
I might be up for this. couldnt do the Silverstone event but Please count me in for this one and i will confirm a bit later. cheers

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Thanks for all of your responses, it looks like we should be able to make a go of this already! :thumbs:

I've gone ahead and registered the club, if you go to the ticket booking area you will see 'ZClub' registered under the car clubs now. Link to tickets below:

https://my.events.justbookitnow.com/group

It would be great to have a club presence for the event, remember you only have one month to purchase tickets before the deadline ends. Several people had issues around the Silverstone event so please do not leave it too long and make sure you recieve a confirmation email!

richiep

Club Member
FYI Mark, you need to let people know the specific Z Club password for booking. Might be best to do that via PM to interested parties to prevent abuse on an open forum.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Per Richie's post, you will need the club stand password to book tickets for the club stand (slipped my mind earlier).

If you'd like to join us then please PM me and I'll provide you with the password to allow you to book. I've just messaged everyone who's expressed interest to date.

Mikee

Club Member
I’m in. Didn’t stay long at silverstone after we finally got in as you have already mentioned mark, I had the issue with their system crashing. They need to sort that out. I’ll ask Phil if he’s up for it aswell. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Nice one Mike, looks like we should easily get a stand together at this rate assuming anyone can actually buy tickets. Would be good to see you and Phil again. I'll drop the organisers a message.

Not sure I'll be doing track time Ryan, having not been to this one before and knowing what the driving standard is like. Don't let that stop you though!

Last edited:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Same.

Is anyone thinking of/tempted to book track time?

I'm half interested in attending but it's when I think we'll take our summer holiday (wife works at a school).

Remember noise levels are checked and my Sam would be too loud, how about your car Ryan?

This video shows a novice in an extremely powerful Subaru. On our first lap I was taking it steady and he caught me really quickly down the main straight - the one before the Esses. I pulled over after the Esses) to let him (and a Honda) pass and he went passed the pits on full power (they record the noise on track not before) and on the next lap he was 'black-flagged'. However he was really slow through the corners - you get all abilities on these events. I certainly wouldn't put your car on track Ryan it's worth too much and has taken too much time to risk it.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Organisers have just emailed me to say all ticketing issues should now be resolved, let me know how you get on.

Rob, just let me know. You've got up til the 10th June to decide.

strugrat

Club Member
I'm half interested in attending but it's when I think we'll take our summer holiday (wife works at a school).

Remember noise levels are checked and my Sam would be too loud, how about your car Ryan?

This video shows a novice in an extremely powerful Subaru. On our first lap I was taking it steady and he caught me really quickly down the main straight - the one before the Esses. I pulled over after the Esses) to let him (and a Honda) pass and he went passed the pits on full power (they record the noise on track not before) and on the next lap he was 'black-flagged'. However he was really slow through the corners - you get all abilities on these events. I certainly wouldn't put your car on track Ryan it's worth too much and has taken too much time to risk it.

Thanks Rob, I think you've confirmed what I was worried about.

Pretty sure I would have failed the noise test anyway as you say.