Japanese Performance Show - 29th August

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hi All,

It's been a very strange year to say the least however as per the title, this show is now running again for 2021.

Our club stand which was postponed from last year has been carried forward so we currently have a stand for 10 cars, subject to demand I can increase this however I'd need to know availability asap.

The event is now being held at a new venue, the Telford International Centre.

Tickets can be purchased via the below link:

https://www.japaneseperformanceshow.co.uk/product-page/club-stand-ticket

You do not need to mention or reference the club when purchasing tickets however I'd be grateful if you could confirm your attendance via this thread to keep an eye on numbers.

Sadly I won't be able to attend myself this year due to other prior commitments, however I'm happy to answer and deal with any questions or queries surrounding the event.

Cheers, Mark

1. Huw
  2. Farmer42

Last edited:

Huw

Club Member
Hi Mark.

Yes still up for this. So add me to the list.

Pity you can’t make it.

Ticket bought

Huw

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
All done :thumbs:

Pity you can’t make it.

Massive shame, it would have been great to have caught up in person!

Sadly it seems the calendar is filling up stupidly fast right now, hopefully another opportunity will arise soon enough though...

Reactions: Huw

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Just to update everyone, I have received the following from the organisers:

* IMPORTANT TICKET INFORMATION * THERE WILL NOT BE ANY TICKETS EMAILED.

INSTEAD, WHEN YOU ARRIVE TO THE GATE YOU WILL NEED TO GIVE THE FOLLOWING - YOUR NAME AND THE DATE YOU PURCHASED YOUR TICKET.

IF FURTHER VERIFICATION IS NEEDED, YOU MAY NEED TO PROVIDE AN ID. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR ID.

YOUR PAYPAL CONFIRMATION EMAIL FOR THE TICKETS. SEARCH UNDER SALES@EHMPARTS.CO.UK When ordering tickets, you will need to fill in the names and phone numbers of the people the tickets are for.

UNDER 14s GO FREE.

If everyone could update me/this thread on numbers then that would be greatly appreciated!

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Bump, to ask for confirmation of final numbers? I'm being asked by the organisers...

Looks like there is plenty of stand space if anyone would like to attend.

Farmer42

Club Member
So, Huw & I attended this on Sunday. The drive to Telford was great and although there were a few cloudy spells, the weather was good overall. Unfortunately, I thought the show itself was disappointing. Mostly all modded modern stuff with stickers and fat wheels and the marshals shoved us out in the middle of nowhere, almost into the public car park. They couldn't find what stand we were supposed to be on so just gave us any old outdoor space although there was plenty indoors.

There was one other S30 parked indoors (the blue Fairlady Z that is pictured on the Goodwood article on the home page but we never got to meet or talk to the owner. The one plus I suppose was that the car got a good run. Only took a couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20210829_100931833_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210829_100931833_HDR.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20210829_105203551_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210829_105203551_HDR.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20210829_113455594_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210829_113455594_HDR.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210829_113505817_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210829_113505817_HDR.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 37

Huw

Club Member
...LHD fairlady. :smash:
Wondered how long that would take to get spotted. Paul’s was not amused.

Echo Pauls comment, an excellent run there but rather disappointed with the show. Which was a pity. However, our cars did get quite a bit of attention which was nice.

But there were a few interesting other cars in the halls apart from the usual blue and gold Scoobies and gaggle of Fast and Furious GTRs in every shade of Neon possible.

5EF04B69-058C-4CC1-BE0F-EFBA2F2D860B.jpeg

Quite a rare little gem of a Cherry X1R

29841E4B-C573-4428-8C29-0CFBC262FEB6.jpeg

This was interesting, a Skyline Concept race car

B026B45C-9C4D-4DE5-BE9A-C0EEC0557814.jpeg

B7F69547-A5B3-42EC-BE68-88B8A00FF30C.jpeg

Finally two old gits shoved at the back of the car park (socially distancing btw)

D9E132B2-8E48-4A29-B75C-4D595C0EF445.jpeg

Last edited:

datsfun

Club Member

Echo Pauls comment, an excellent run there but rather disappointed with the show. Which was a pity. However, our cars did get quite a bit of attention which was nice.

But there were a few interesting other cars in the halls apart from the usual blue and gold Scoobies and gaggle of Fast and Furious GTRs in every shade of Neon possible.

View attachment 46816

View attachment 46817

View attachment 46818

View attachment 46819

Finally two old gits shoved at the back of the car park (socially distancing btw)

View attachment 46820

Interesting - just realised that all 4 cars that were being displayed inside in main show arena as classic Nissans were actually replicas/tribute cars/ homage cars etc.:conf2::driving:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator

View attachment 46816

View attachment 46817

View attachment 46818

View attachment 46819

View attachment 46820
That is a poor location, as far as I can remember we actually paid for a club space not a car park area?

Huw

Club Member
That kind of show. Even a fake Mini……. at a Japanese performance show:conf2: Ok it did have a Honda twin cam shoehorned in it

065753D3-A44A-4710-8F64-6F389ACA0FA0.jpeg

Pondo

Club Member
Paul that blue lhd fairlady belongs to Arron, a nice chap I think from Southampton. He’s got an R34’s as well I believe. Glad you had a good run up, shame about the show, had they moved venues for this? I didn’t go to the one the other year either but that was meant to be pretty good from what I heard.