It's still for sale

Like most of us (I suspect) we have a look through ebay now and again to see what Z bits are for sale.

This car has been on there a long time (and mentioned in our Forum) but it's still for sale.

It appears to be a good car for the money and I'm surprised it's still not sold.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Datsun-24...d=100011&prg=9421&rk=3&rkt=10&sd=151372917579

Of course I realise it's LHD. Has anyone been to see it?

Thats very cheap for that car, I know the full history of the car from when it was in the states, the sellers been messed around, also he's down in deepest Cornwall. I don't think there's better for sale at the minute.

Wyn

Club Member
That would make a very good basis for a RHD z, or at least it looks like it would ?
But what engine to use ? ;)

How much do the RHD conversion parts go for now ? 1k or more ?

That would make a very good basis for a RHD z, or at least it looks like it would ?
But what engine to use ? ;)

How much do the RHD conversion parts go for now ? 1k or more ?

It'd make a better candidate to remain original and not chopped about to create another 'immaculate barn find' rhd 240.

A bare shell lick of paint to find any hidden rust and a tickle of the drive train. :)

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
I agree. That looks like a really good car for that money. Being a fellow cornishman, perhaps I should offer to bring it up to london to sell....

johnymd

Club Member
Convert to RHD, bare metal respray, and a few fast road suspension,brake and engine mods will add another 10K to the price so you should end up with a good usable Z for just over 20K, bargain.

Or, hybrid it aswell, with associated mods and for 30K you've got yourself an 11second car that also goes round the track and may even keep up with me :)

Convert to RHD, bare metal respray, and a few fast road suspension,brake and engine mods will add another 10K to the price so you should end up with a good usable Z for just over 20K, bargain.

Or, hybrid it aswell, with associated mods and for 30K you've got yourself an 11second car that also goes round the track and may even keep up with me :)

If you swap it to RHD you've just got a mongrel, the car will no longer be original, I've nothing against left to right conversions but something as good as this deserves to stay original.... does it not?

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
If you swap it to RHD you've just got a mongrel, the car will no longer be original, I've nothing against left to right conversions but something as good as this deserves to stay original.... does it not?

You'd struggle to find a rhd 240 as good as mine on most counts,
especially body/structure wise.

But that's probably because it was a lhd to start with.......

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
Point I'm trying to get across is what options do you really have if you want a clean solid rhd car that's not been repaired and patched up previously?

Point I'm trying to get across is what options do you really have if you want a clean solid rhd car that's not been repaired and patched up previously?

You don't have one, I totally understand that. It'd make a great RHD car, done right one of the best, it just couldn't be called original. I like this car because its survived so well in its original state.

Sort of makes sense in my head.

datsun dave

Club Member

Mongrel !!!! LHD to RHD will have MORE original parts on the car that a original UK car that's been restored, my LHD to RHD car still has it's original doors, wings, tailgate, bonnet and roof floor pans.

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User

Charlie's 240Z is a 100% rust free original RHD. Australia! That would get very expensive, very quickly. lol. I don't know what the rust state of Japanese cars is mind...... Albrecht will tell us. I've been to japan and it rained a lot and was very, very warm! :unsure:

If you want to own a 240Z because you just like them then I think converting a LHD car is a good way to own one. How many UK RHD originals are there really left on the road. I know what www.howmanyleft.co.uk says but how many are really driving around that you'd buy to drive?