it returns to the track

ben240z

Club Member
Well after a well earned rest and a rapid change of plans that were bought about by a complicated set of circumstances, the Z is due back out on the hills this weekend with the new driver line up of my daughters Hannah and Steph making their debut in it.

The new door bars are welded into the cage ( I had cut the old ones out so Steph could get into the car with the wedding dress on for her wedding) this meant that the door handle inside could not be reached so that has been moved. The seat has been moved to suit the girls.

I have put a 6000rpm rev limiter on the engine to give them time to get used to the car.

Sadly it looks like a wet weekend which will be a big learning curve for them but I have faith in their ability and respect for the car.

Still a couple of days work to get it ready but excitement is building

ben240z

Club Member
Well the girls drove in some challenging conditions but did me and themselves proud. Sunday was greasy and then dry followed by rain. Both girls realised what I meant by being gentle on the throttle and drove with great maturity. Hannah had the better of the weather and pulled 80mph through the finishline and 45 seconds on her best run.
My faith and trust in them with the car was not misplaced.

It would appear I have now lost the car to them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrakina/albums/72157658004685725

Link to some pics of them on the hill courtesy of akina media

Off to look at the onboard footage now to see if they told me the truth

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
And well done to you for sharing your 'baby'!

They sit quite low in the car Ben - that must be awkward when trying to sight apexes etc.

ben240z

Club Member
they cant see the bonnet anyway rob so it is all a case of periphiral vision. They did well. I am just editing the onboard vids now which shows how well they were sighting the track.