Irish join meet with Supra club

Russ

Club Member
Hello,

Received this in an e-mail, anyone interested? If someone is familiar with the local groups organiser can they pass it on please.

Hi,
My names Marty and i run the Supras Owners Club Ireland. I was wondering if your Irish members would be interested in doing a Joint Supra and Zed meet during the summer. We we planning on having it just over the border on the coast making it possible for eveyone to attend.

I also own a 300zx as well as many supra's and though it would be a great way to get like minding Jap car owners togather for the day for a bit of banter etc etc.

If i were to get a flyer organised would you put it on the site?

thanks

Marty
Supra Owners Club Ireland

www.supras-ireland.net

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
According to the local groop list the Irish contact should be Andrew Smyth. Has this changed Derek?

Mike B

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Mike you may want to get hold of Andrew and see if he his still up for the job - I don't know how far Mick and Andrew live apart but there probably is room for two organisers in Ireland.
You can contact Mick here

Arkwright

Inactive
Hi Mike - probably not. i didn't realise we had an Irish group as such and was just trying to be helpful.

mick daniels

Well-Known Forum User
Derek Sulley said:
Russ post it to mick Daniels, there are others but i 'm not sure who

Cheers Derek,
i'll inform the rest at 300zx.co.uk also. There definitely should be a few of us.

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
I would certainly be up for this, as would a few of my mates here in N.I. Any more details?

Andrew Smyth.

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
ignore my last post just seen full details posted up in the meetings thread

Bondango

Forum User
datty240Z said:
I would certainly be up for this, as would a few of my mates here in N.I. Any more details?

Andrew Smyth.

Andrew its Marty here, I was talking Joe H. a few weeks ago about doing a combined meet so this is the result. It was a way to get all our Members togather from the supra site, but as i have a 300zx thought i would do a joint meet with Z owners - should be interesting.

Ps i hear ya got rid of that 350 jellymould :rolleyes:

Marty

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Marty,

Do we just turn up at Sprucefield before 12? Do we have to book or anything? Are you aware that it is now illegal to drive in convoy in N.I. unless you have submitted an 11/1 to the Parades Commission 28 days in advance. We have to do this before all of our car runs. Crazy ain't it.

I hardly ever used the 350. It was just a toy, so I thought I wouldn't miss it. Boy do I ever miss it. Think I'll have to buy another.

Bondango

Forum User
Yeah think 10+ cars constitutes a convoy, so we will be leaving in small groups. leaving around 12 for an easy drive, but its up to yourself really. I'l be there from 11 and i guess some people will be leaving around then too just to take it easy on the way down.

Ps i would have one, but would need a Greddy Turbo kit bolted to that VQ35, the engine just dos'nt impress me as much as the car itself does.

yami

Well-Known Forum User
Any information on Ferries would love to pop across as we have always wants to visit Ireland and it seems the ideal opportunity

Zep

Club Member
From Bristol best one is Holyhead to Dublin port. Skerries is less than an hour north of Dublin. I use www.irishferries.ie and book online. l'll be on my way back from Spain, but, l think there's quite a few folks going.
Cheers, Dean,

Bondango

Forum User
Big thanks you to those wo braved the misserable weather today! was great to see a nice mixed bunch of cars along with some rather entusiastic and dedicated owners. So once again..Thanks

Marty