Insurance......

Huw

Club Member
Insurance. All the advice tells you to shop around to get the best deal and loyalty gets you nowhere with insurance companies.

Been with Footman James for the last 3 years and my renewal for the 280ZX turned up today. Low and behold as expected ...

To my absolute surprise, the renewal Quote has gone down this year!!:hurray:

From £140 to £120. That’s quite a percentage reduction if you think about it!

Don’t get that everyday. :)

Ped

Club Member
Hi Huw, did my insurance recently and stayed with the same provider (Lancaster). Got it for £102.50, but that's on a limited mileage of 2k. Includes agreed valuation too.

I did note that I could have got it cheaper online, but thought it would be less hassle to stay where I was.

Huw

Club Member
Hi mate.

Not so much the price but more the cost has gone down! That’s a first for me.

I know FJ are not the cheapest but they never quibble on the agreed value and don’t give you a hard time justifying it like other insurers I’ve tried in the past. They don’t seem to mind the car being modified and my spares are covers under the same policy, which is nice:D

Cheers

Huw

Neil

Club Member
FJ has just sent me reminder by almost £100 more with no claims or changes etc. Not happy with that at all.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Not the Z but I got an auto renewal notice for the 944 recently from Adrian Flux who I have both my cars with. I usually have a look, and think, 'Okay' before forgetting to get comparisons and the thing auto renews. But this time I thought I'd have a look around. Had a daft online price from FJ, then managed to get the 944 with Lancaster for an outrageous price of £95. AF's renewal was £176. Excess down to £50 too. 5k a year, parked on the street. Superb.

Waiting for the Z's to run out now (next July)

WazzaJB

Club Member
This all makes me very sad. My renewal price with Admiral was around £1000 and the cheapest I could get down to was £700 with Adrian Flux (mods declared).

Lancaster, FJ etc won't touch me due to being under 25.

Cost to insure my 2.0l Twinscroll Legacy, 280Z and missus' Golf GTE came to a grand total of £2100 for the year.

johnymd

Club Member
I've been really happy with Thatchams A-plan. Prices have stayed the same for a couple of years now. All my cars are on classic policy's which don't get no claims. Just bought a 987 boxster as a winter car so I don't need to use the zeds in bad weather and they quoted me £200 as I don't have any no claims to use. I thought that was pretty good.

status

Well-Known Forum User
My Scooby wagon was £210 and my sti about £289 and my z4 m coupe was about £340 all on one policy and my 260 with all the mods is about £250,it’s the tax on the Z4 that gets me so I sorn it Nov-Feb