Insurance Agreed Valuation... Again? | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Insurance Agreed Valuation... Again?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Ped, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Ped

Ped
    Z Club Member

Just renewed my classic car insurance with Lancaster. Got a discount when I called them up after they tried on an extra £40 for no reason.

So, I thought it was all done and dusted till next year. Now I have had an email saying I had to redo the agreed valuation... ie: resend 6 pictures etc, etc.

Not too happy having to do it again just one year on, and at the fact no one at Lancaster mentioned it when I was renewing. Had they made it clear I would have just jumped ship, and saved a bit more money, since my reason for remaining was an assumption that the existing valuation would still be valid (since other insurance brokers offer two years before having to resubmit, plus no one had mentioned it).

You live and learn...

2. Mr.F

Mr.F
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Use the opportunity to bump the value up!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Ped

Ped
    Z Club Member

Yes, I am sure it is now worth £10k at least (£7k last year)! ;)

4. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

At least that !

5. Mr.F

Mr.F
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Classic Car Weekly June 2019 suggests £10,000 sale value.
    Last restored 2 seater 280ZX I saw sold was £14,500.
    Insurance value should be higher...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Ped

Ped
    Z Club Member

Wow, I was joking about the value, I thought it would have stayed the same!

Spoke to Lancaster today complaining about the fact I had to resubmit, just one year on. They said I could resubmit same pics as last year since I had not done many miles. Also they said as of this year it would now be valid for two years.

I guess I need to contact Mike for a fresh valuation.

7. Ped

Ped
    Z Club Member

Thanks to Mike for sorting out the new insurance valuation, it came in at £9k, which I think is a fair assessment (up £2k on last year). Just submitted all new photos and updated bits to the insurance company website. Will be interesting to see if they agree with the clubs valuation. I noted I have only done 359 miles since this time last year - poor effort on my part.

It did mean getting the bucket and hose out, but I think it looks pretty good. The engine bay has stayed clean from last time, so at least I didn't have to do that too. (NB: It's a reflection of the edge of the car seat, not a mark! The interior is still mint.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Huw likes this.
  8. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member

Looking good mate. That engine bay has come up nice :thumbs:

moggy240 likes this.
  9. Ped

Ped
    Z Club Member

Cheers Huw, it's a work in progress. Auto Glym Vinyl & Rubber Care worked great of hoses.