Infinity Exhausts - Bristol

Farmer42

Club Member
Hi

I have been trying to get a replacement exhaust system or backbox for my 2+2 but have not had much success with Mike out of action for the moment and Sean not currently able to help. Tried MSA in the States but they are not answering my e-mails.

Then a website popped up called Infinity Exhausts based just outside Bristol - literally a couple of miles away from me that make custom fit Stainless Steels exhaust systems. I gave them a call and they said they had fitted exhausts to several 240 & 260Z's over the last year and mine would not be a problem. He said there were a couple of photos on their gallery & there is a picture of a blue and an orange 240Z reg UOR 889M. https://www.infinity-exhausts.co.uk/show_gal?rp=gals&r=2&gox=Nissan

Does anyone in this Club own these cars and can anyone that has used Infinity Exhausts give me an indication of what the exhausts and this company are like?

Grateful for any feedback.

Cheers

Paul

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
As stated Paul, mine works on a 2.5" exhaust diameter and yours is 2" and if it's really only the rear box that you want, there are plenty of after-market s-steel ones not expensive on ebay.

For info, if a system passes on a LHD car, it will deffo on a RHD car - it's only the steering column where anything might snag !

andrew muir

Club Member
I have used Longlife exhausts to my design and they were excellent, been on car for 3 years now.looks like new!
They will custom make any exhaust you want on the spot. And pretty cheap too!

fae821w

Club Member
Paul,

I used Longlife at Thornbury to replace the back box and pipework on my 280zx. The car already had a s/steel system fitted when i bought it for the second time in 2012, but it was boy-racer loud. They quoted £159 for it in 2013 but by the time i took it to them they had offered a 20% discount on this price. I paid £127.20 all in including vat & fitting and it has been fine and as i wanted, much quieter. :)

The full exhaust quote was £329 before the 20% discount.

Andy.

Farmer42

Club Member
Paul,

I used Longlife at Thornbury to replace the back box and pipework on my 280zx. The car already had a s/steel system fitted when i bought it for the second time in 2012, but it was boy-racer loud. They quoted £159 for it in 2013 but by the time i took it to them they had offered a 20% discount on this price. I paid £127.20 all in including vat & fitting and it has been fine and as i wanted, much quieter. :)

The full exhaust quote was £329 before the 20% discount.

Andy.

Thanks Andy

The quote for the full system is around the same price that I was quoted by Infinity which I thought was reasonable for a SS system. I really ought to replace the whole lot which is the original mild steel system

Thornbury is a little further out than Infinity which in normal circumstances is not a problem but I don't have an MOT at the moment so it would be difficult getting it there.

I will give them a call though as You and Andrew Muir have both recommended Longlife.

"
and if it's really only the rear box that you want, there are plenty of after-market s-steel ones not expensive on ebay.

Sean

Yes I did try that but most were the same diameter as yours i.e. 2.5 inch. Either that or the shape & length of the box was all wrong. The only ones I found were aluminised steel at MSA and Andys Autosport but they wanted the cost of a full SS system just to ship it and there was no guarantees it would fit properly. It was not cost effective to pay that for a backbox when I could get a Stainless system made and fitted in the UK.

I was initially put off a SS custom build as I thought that the costs would be mega but having found that they are not, the decision was really a no-brainer to go with a custom build. I am now just gauging which one to go with.

Appreciated your help though.
Cheers

Paul

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yes I did try that but most were the same diameter as yours i.e. 2.5 inch. Either that or the shape & length of the box was all wrong. The only ones I found were aluminised steel at MSA and Andys Autosport but they wanted the cost of a full SS system just to ship it and there was no guarantees it would fit properly. It was not cost effective to pay that for a backbox when I could get a Stainless system made and fitted in the UK.

http://www.europaspares.com/mechani...ace-silencer-ccr-stainless-race-silencer.html

adrianf240z

Active Forum User
Hi Paul I am working on a 240z S import with a small block Chevy for a customer in Bath, he also has a Nissan Murano and the back half of the exhaust was rotten he used Longlife in Thornbury was very pleased sonds great and half the price of a genuine part.
Adrian up in Kingswood.

Farmer42

Club Member
Hi Paul I am working on a 240z S import with a small block Chevy for a customer in Bath, he also has a Nissan Murano and the back half of the exhaust was rotten he used Longlife in Thornbury was very pleased sonds great and half the price of a genuine part.
Adrian up in Kingswood.

Thanks Adrian

I did give Longlife a call and they wanted me to take the car in so they could have a look at what was needed. The problem is that it has no MOT so I want to have as little risk as possible that Plod will pull me. I have had a good reference for Infinity from some guys in work who have had exhausts built for an Impreza and a Seat Leon Cupra so I have decided to get them to build a full SS system for me as it is closer than Thornbury.

What are you doing to the 240Z & have you got any pics of it? Where in Kingswood are you? I have mine stored in a lock-up there.

Cheers

Paul

Farmer42

Club Member
Had my SS exhaust fitted in the middle of March at Infinity Exhausts near Bristol. They took just under 3 hours to make it up and fit.

They gave me a choice with the mufflers on the amount of noise i wanted to hear so I went for something that sounded quiet on basic running but roared a bit when I dipped the throttle. Well pleased with the result. Cost was £320 all in.

Having talked it through with them before they started, I decided to keep the stock manifold as I was a bit worried about shearing studs etc. and they advised to keep the 2 branch downpipe so as not to disturb the joint where the 2 bolt together. They cut that down and attached the new exhaust to it.

I have attached some pics of what it was like before and what it is like now.

Will probably venture in getting a 6 branch manifold and downpipe fabricated at some point but that will probably be next year.

Attachments

• 20160303_124946.jpg
    20160303_124946.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • 20160303_124955.jpg
    20160303_124955.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • 20160310_105738.jpg
    20160310_105738.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • 20160310_105750.jpg
    20160310_105750.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20160424_173936.jpg
    20160424_173936.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 20160424_174117.jpg
    20160424_174117.jpg
    964.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20160424_174154.jpg
    20160424_174154.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20160424_174208.jpg
    20160424_174208.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 20160424_174038.jpg
    20160424_174038.jpg
    968.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20160424_173951.jpg
    20160424_173951.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 44

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi mate.

I'm confused as to where their line starts and the OEM finishes.

I see the rear silencer, S-pipe around the diff and a mibble box and then OEM pipe but which is well back from where the downpipe appears to join the new one....

Farmer42

Club Member
The first 4 pics are of the old exhaust. The new exhaust joins the OEM downpipe just after the 2 branches merge into one. All of the system from there back is new SS.