In the market for a 240/260/280 RHD

alsoHarrison

Club Member
Hey all,

I'm currently on the lookout for cheaper Datsun S30 cars that are RHD. I'm a bit of a younger chap and as a result I've got a pretty limited budget for this car and I have come to expect that for something in the realm of under £15,000 I'm not going to find a showroom ready car or maybe I won't even find one running!

I have been able to find a handful of 280zx's over the past months within my budget and in pretty good shape however, I'm not entirely a fan of the slight body changes made to the zx so I'm holding back on the trigger until I can find a previous S30 model.

If anyone out there has or knows of a fairlady that isn't too far gone and will still be useable; just in need of a lot of work and love, I'd really appreciate some help!

Thanks
-Harrison

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I wouldn't worry about whether it is 'running' or not - that's easy to fix, and not often a problem anyway. You'll have to search hard to find one that doesn't have a bunch of rust to deal with at that price.

alsoHarrison

Club Member
I wouldn't worry about whether it is 'running' or not - that's easy to fix, and not often a problem anyway. You'll have to search hard to find one that doesn't have a bunch of rust to deal with at that price.

Hey Jon,

Yeah I've already been looking for quite a while haha! I'm expecting a bit of a rust bucket but so long as its repairable I'm not massively concerned as I have the resources to make those repairs.

Thanks!

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Hi I have a datsun 260z 2+2 UK Rhd car

With dash and rear lights

All panels included rot free

Just bit work to domon the inner wings I have Replacements

No.engine or Box

Would sell it for £3.5k

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220218-074758.jpg
    Screenshot_20220218-074758.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 16

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Message for more info :)

Attachments

• 20220102_115923.jpg
    20220102_115923.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220102_115834.jpg
    20220102_115834.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 9

alsoHarrison

Club Member
Hi I have a datsun 260z 2+2 UK Rhd car

With dash and rear lights

All panels included rot free

Just bit work to domon the inner wings I have Replacements

No.engine or Box

Would sell it for £3.5k

Thank you for the offer, but I'm looking for something a little more put together, with an engine and gearbox. Good luck with the sale!

alsoHarrison

Club Member
Check out this thread: https://zclub.net/community/index.p...-every-thing-i-can-on-buying-a-240-260.27524/

Unfortunately for you, prices have moved on since then too. The last RHD car I saw for around that money required heavy rust repair.

Haha yeah, I've been stalking the prices of these cars for years as I've always wanted one but never had the money or space to take on a project. Ultimately I'm just going to have to rely a lot on 'right place, right time' to be able to grab one for the money I have! But thank you for linking that previous post, it still has some useful information :)

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
In ten years of being on the site, I've heard of one RHD bargain like that. One. And it was found and bought offline.

Last edited:

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I think rushingphils? green car was the only bargain I’ve seen.

What’s wrong with LHD? Better for the European road trips you’ll want to do anyway

alsoHarrison

Club Member
I think rushingphils? green car was the only bargain I’ve seen.

What’s wrong with LHD? Better for the European road trips you’ll want to do anyway

I'm holding out for a RHD as its a car I'm planning to turn into a capable daily driver, (for hopefully many years to come!) so having the correct side steering will just make everyday life a little easier haha.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Strange that we've not seen or heard of the car or new owner since he bought it - unless I've missed the posts?

As good as it was it still needed some floorpan repairs so I think he was getting that done.

richiep

Club Member
I'm holding out for a RHD as its a car I'm planning to turn into a capable daily driver, (for hopefully many years to come!) so having the correct side steering will just make everyday life a little easier haha.
Hmm. While they can be a capable daily driver, it’s not something to be recommended. Because if you use it like that, it will end up being a neverending project of rust repairs. Daily use is why so many of them ended up turning to a pile of iron oxide in the U.K.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
You will be lucky to find a project

We would all love to stumble on a cheap the project lol

The days have gone unless u come across a elderly women and just Wants rid

I paid £180 For this parts car 2yrs ago lol

That was a cheap Rhd parts car

Just to show u how bad they rust

This was in a open garage the door was broke but not moved in over 20yrs

Had only 9k miles on it lol

Attachments

• 20200204_124325.jpg
    20200204_124325.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200205_101232.jpg
    20200205_101232.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 45

alsoHarrison

Club Member
Hmm. While they can be a capable daily driver, it’s not something to be recommended. Because if you use it like that, it will end up being a neverending project of rust repairs. Daily use is why so many of them ended up turning to a pile of iron oxide in the U.K.
Ah yes I've seen many rust buckets online and a good few horror stories haha, I plan to take care of the car in terms of once all rust repairs have been made, the car will be sealed and often checked to keep it in tip-top shape! It's and ambitious goal to make this car a capable daily driver and keep it in good condition but it's something I know I can stay on top of!

alsoHarrison

Club Member
You will be lucky to find a project

We would all love to stumble on a cheap the project lol

The days have gone unless u come across a elderly women and just Wants rid

I paid £180 For this parts car 2yrs ago lol

That was a cheap Rhd parts car

Just to show u how bad they rust

This was in a open garage the door was broke but not moved in over 20yrs

Had only 9k miles on it lol
Yeah I;ve been looking for one of these cars for many years now! But I'm not about to throw in the towel just yet haha.

That's quite a rough life that ones seen for only 9k miles! Did the previous owners just forget they had that car?