Importing a 350Z from USA

Miami350Z

Forum User
Greetings Club members!

I am relocating to the UK from the US and want to ship my 350Z. I know I need to make several modifications to meet SVA requirements. Apparently all the modifications my particular 350Z model needs is to lighting. I've managed to locate all need items here in the US except for the rear fog lamp. It is my understanding the fog lamp needs to be mounted on the RHS. Can anyone recommend a reputeable supplier for this and other 350Z parts in the UK?

Beyond that I have two more questions 1) will I need to replace my car's rear bumper cover so that it accommodates UK license plates or are there different plate sizes available in the UK that will fit the area in the rear bumper cover that is normally used in Japan and US 350Z's? and lastly, 2) How is the front license plate mounted on the 350Z? Any advise or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
you will not need to replace your rear bumper cover as number plates can be made to fit import models and you can get a number plate front mount from either a nissan dealer or proberly from MJP etc, checkout the traders forum on this site

Arkwright

Inactive
if you look in the 350z forum (where you have made this post) for a post starting 'symmetrical tail lights' you will see the rear offside foglight and what is required to alter it . I think another post is called 'breaking 350 z's' . As you will see these vehicles are now in scrap yards and parts are available (usually find scrapyards charge about half retail price)

Paul_S

Club Member
Hi Miami 350Z,

To answer your last question, my front plate is mounted in a black plastic backet that is fixed to the bumper. The plate itself is either screwed or stuck on. There is no requirement to use the bracket, in fact there are several 350 owners here that removed the black bracket and stuck the plate straight onto the bumper.

If you take a look at the UKOwnersClub site you'll find loads of information. Also, we have several members in the USA including a guy called 'FrankieZZ' who is actually one of our Committee Members. He is from New Hampshire. I reckon he will be a great help to you.

Just one question for you - is your Zed modified at all? I just wondered why you are thinking of bringing yours over here when you could sell yours, move over and buy a UK one.

If I can help at all just PM me.

Cheers,

Paul

Miami350Z

Forum User
Thank you for the information moggy240! That is certainly good news as I was not looking forward to body modifications.

Miami350Z

Forum User
Thank you Derek Sulley! I will read the posts you referenced and also inquire with scrap yards - that option had not occurred to me.

Miami350Z

Forum User
Thank you Paul_S! Your information was most helpful. My Zed is just 2 years old and has substantial upgrades. With currency exchange rates being as they are I would be very hard pressed to find a comparably equipped Zed at a reasonable price for my budget. Importing it to the UK and making minor modifications is more feasible for me at this time. Cheers!

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Moving.

Good luck with the shipment, relocating, & settling etc. you are most welcome & will have a strong 350z link over here in the U.k.
Regard'zz DJZ 60.:)