Import

uk66fastback

Club Member
How are you importing it? Sorting it all out yourself or having a shipping company do it all? Container or RoRo? Any details you can give would help. Where in the US is it coming from?

Mark Gilfoyle

Club Member
How are you importing it? Sorting it all out yourself or having a shipping company do it all? Container or RoRo? Any details you can give would help. Where in the US is it coming from?
Hi, made some enquiries from shipping companies that do the lot . Registration, conversion to U.K. spec, a bit expensive but I’m thinking door to door from Seattle. Maybe worth it !

djmc

Forum User
Thanks that does sound worth looking into.
I've been looking at American for a while and a place in Holland that seems to have a few Z regularly. Id its not breaking rules can you send me the details of who you found.

Thanks again.
Ha ha a bit of useless information the Z I had when I was 21, 30years ago I found the person who owns it now on hear and he is restoring it. So I can't haven't old Z back.

Robbie J

Club Member
Hi, made some enquiries from shipping companies that do the lot . Registration, conversion to U.K. spec, a bit expensive but I’m thinking door to door from Seattle. Maybe worth it !
I purchased my second car off craigslist but I knew Mike had seen it and I had a lot of photos, I was lucky. If you have not already purchased one I would get Mike https://zclub.net/community/index.php?members/saccyclone.2589/ saccyclone involved. He can get it onto RORO and then you pick it up and register it etc. Lots on here can help with the process in UK, its just paperwork and a few lights.

Mike is in California which is more likely to get a car without rust or less of it.

Robbie J

Club Member
If you have already purchased a car
A lot of shippers will do pickup and even pay for a car for you. You pay for the milage to do the pickup. Its been a few years but shipping from California was about $1,500 RORO. When they quote say you can get it cheaper somewhere else and get insurance
You pay to get the car off the ship this end £200-£300 and need to pay the import duty etc 5% . You need the title, export cert and invoice for the car.
Once you get it back get an MOT or you might get an inspection anyway and enjoy registering at the DVLA. There is a thread on that process on here. really you can drive around as LHD just need to convert from lights and rears with bulbs or Euro versions

remove the big bumpers and it will go a lot faster

Mark Gilfoyle

Club Member
Hi, got it from eBay , cousins mate checked it over. But didn’t make it home as the clutch went( Datsuns) . Garage said it’s in goood shape , so I’m shipping it over !