IMG Tags

Wyn

Club Member
Trying to post a few linked smilies/pics and I noticed the img tags don’t seem to work in certain sections of this bb. Have they been turned off for a particular reason?
confused24.gif

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
tell us where and will try and get someone to look into
this is what pcs do to me if poke my nose in to far
fighting13.gif

Wyn

Club Member
I found a few and tried to use them in the anything and everything section but only a link is displayed
confused07.gif

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Erm, I can see the 'No Hotlinking Please PlanetSmilies.com' smiley. Is that the one you were trying to show? Currentling viewing in some evil form of IE on winXP.

Cheers,
Rob

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Up, just turned my brain on. What's happening is that the planetsmilies.com server isn't allowing you to directly link to one of their images like this - some crappola copoyright issue - not ver helpful in the world of smilies. What you need to do is rip off all the gif files you like and host them on your own server and link to them there. Of course I didn't tell you that right ;)

Cheers,
Rob
Jaded Multimedia Veteran

Russ

Club Member
I just send this to 900ss as a pm, Black Bug is absolutely right.

"Hi,

The img link from our side is working fine, planetsmilies have a setting on their webserver to prevent people linking to their image from another website (to save their bandwidth no doubt). You will either need to host them yourself and link to that OR if they are public domain (i.e. free to use, no copyright etc) then we can host them here for use on the Z club forum.

Let me know if you want to try that.

Cheers

Russ"

I can add new smilies to the reply thing no trouble, but after adding the Christmas ones last year they are still there, I can't remove them otherwise they'll go missing in old posts, yet they weren't appropriate for 11 months of the year :) It could end up a big mess if I add lots of smilies.

I don't mind creating a Z club smily area though for linking ourselves.

I need to tweak the chat room first though.

Cheers

Wyn

Club Member
Hi Russ
No I realise you cant link those smilies I was referring to images not showing in those 2 sections

Russ

Club Member
Found the problem, fixed those two forums now, let me know if you find any more :)

Cheers 900ss.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Russ,dont worry about smilie's,fix the ruddy chatroom,some cant get in,other's cant get out & some dont even know what it is.
DJZ 60.