Ignition issues Again

Fastededdie

Club Member
Hi I have a Datsun 260 Z and I have been running a Pertonixs ignitor. I have triple 40s Weber carbs on the engine without any vacuum advance connected to the carb or manifold. I also have the 0.03 ohms Flamethower Coil on.
The car has been running fine up until last week where the spark was gradually fading out until now nothing at all. I just cannot work it out. Coils been checked and seems fine. It must be the Pertonixs electronic ignition.
But electrics and me are aliens. I will force myself to learn.
Can you please advise as for the best combination for a 123 Distributor and what coil I would need to use bear ?
Is the coil burning out the Ignitor and how can I check ? Thanks

richiep

Club Member
That's probably the least involved solution to get a better (electronic) ignition. Just fit that along with a 280ZX coil and remove the ballast resistor, some simple wiring hookups to the coil terminals for module power, and you are all set.

Farmer42

Club Member
I thought the 123 ignition needed the 3ohm coil. Its the 280ZX dizzy that has the lower resisted coil (1.5 ohm or lower). You may have burnt out your coil.

Fastededdie

Club Member
Funny I have put a bid in for it. Will wait and see. I have got the car going fine again. It was the distributor all broken up inside where the springs are. Well my mate took in apart and rebuilt it. Put it back in and hey started first time. Will buy the one on ebay if the price is right .