Hub caps on ebay

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
I bet these came out of the local dealer, I have seen various other items being advertised on Ebay that quite clearly come from the local dealer, ie. brakes and wheels, where people have had upgrades and the item has been taken off the car and all of a sudden appeared on Ebay with the Ebayers having very low feedback, hoping not to be traced. I wonder whether the dealer principal is aware some of his stock is appearing on Ebay, or whether it is going out the back door for the benefit of his staff.

Geoff-R

Club Member
I bet these came out of the local dealer, I have seen various other items being advertised on Ebay that quite clearly come from the local dealer, ie. brakes and wheels, where people have had upgrades and the item has been taken off the car and all of a sudden appeared on Ebay with the Ebayers having very low feedback, hoping not to be traced. I wonder whether the dealer principal is aware some of his stock is appearing on Ebay, or whether it is going out the back door for the benefit of his staff.

This does happen, I know they're very hot on it where I work and rightly so.

uk66fastback

Club Member
"£800 to try my luck."

I know little about hubcaps, but I thought it was the ones with D on that made the BIG money. Saying that, these ARE nice and they are new.

So these have been half-inched from some Nissan dealer who has had them on the shelf for 40 years some of you are saying?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I had a new set that I negotiated with my purchase of the standard RHD 240Z. This was a very very rare car, rust free and only 30k miles!

When I sold it I also sold the hubcaps. I had a set of secondhand ones on the car too. These are works of art and such a big part of original 240Zs. I can remember them from the 70s as much as the whole car because were so distinctive and to be frank ugly.

However an original car is naked without them (unless it's a 'basic' version of the S30 Alan ;-) ).

Last edited by a moderator:

johnymd

Club Member
I have a set of these that I originally put on the silver rat look car. IMO they suited it because they were so ugly.

I still have them but I don't think they are worth much.

Attachments

• IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 28

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
I have just put one in the dustbin and the bin man comes tomorrow.

I thought twice about it but its a bit rusty on the inside.