How to add new ignition switched appliances

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Hi,
Is there an accepted best way to add an ignition switched appliance? I'm wiring in my new afr controller, and wondering whether to tap into the fuse box or splice into an existing instrument harness.
I think fuse box is the way to go, but with that would you add a piggy back 2nd fusebox?
What have you guys done when doing stuff like this?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.F

Inactive
I would favour the idea of a relay switched second fuse box. Use an existing ignition switched source to activate the relay which can then power the new fuse box straight from a 12V battery source. No additional strain on the Zs already overworked fuse box.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I would favour the idea of a relay switched second fuse box. Use an existing ignition switched source to activate the relay which can then power the new fuse box straight from a 12V battery source. No additional strain on the Zs already overworked fuse box.

Wot Mr F sed. +1

There are little modular units available that take a relay and fuses on Ebay or from people like Vehicle Wiring prods in Ilkeston.
Will fit most cars.Might be suitable on a Samuri but best to check with the vehicle manfacturer first as non standard Samuri parts might void the warranty:confused:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-pin-rel...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20da237487

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Very good, thanks Pete & Mike. That looks like a good compact solution.