Staff member
Site Administrator
Bloody Hell !!!!

Good point Derek!

My 240Z and VR6 aren't listed.:confused:

I need to get down to one car.

Paul_S

Club Member
Yep, mine used to be classed as band F (newer ones were G) until the last budget now they are all classed as M. Ho hum (reaches for wallet!)

zedboy

Club Member
Let me get this straight! If I buy a 52 plate 350Z i will pay £215 tax NOW?

BUT NEXT YEAR I WILL PAY 440! Please somebody tell me this isn't true!???

Arkwright

Inactive
I suppose you could put off the inevitable by buying 6 months now and 12months when that expires. On the other hand vote conservative and get the robbing labour bastards out.

Arkwright

Inactive
I beg to differ, it was them that introduced free tax for pre 73 vehicles. This, I understand, was supposed to be a rolling progression but labour stopped it when they came to power. You should be aware as a motorist that Gordons mob are not your mates. Hit him with your hammer!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Mind you, £440 per year is only 8.5 quid a week to drive your 350Z!:p:...I'm sure most owners can afford it!
Why don't they let you pay monthly by direct debit like every other tax/licence??
I can pay my Council tax, tv licence, car insurance etc etc each month, but have to fork out a lump sum for car tax?:conf2:

Arkwright

Inactive
Can you imagine the cost of your licence if you paid monthly. They already penalise you for paying 6 monthly plus extra for credit card payment. Then imagine how it would be enforced, virtual impossibility. The most efficient way would be to bung it on the cost of fuel then everyone has to pay according to their usage. A fairer system, no need for enforcement. bingo. Too easy.

racer

Club Member
Agree with you Derek on the Labour Goverment think. If they get in again it's just going to get much worse!
If you do some more comparisons on the site you will see how unfair this system is. For example
My runabout is a 1.6 Mk1 mr2. I will pay £200 next year the same as Z32 3litre twin turbo! No offence z32 guys but how the F....! is that right. Poor old Robs got to pay £440, but my mate with a 98 Jag XKR 4.0 supercharged, only pays £185. Less than I do for a 1.6 mr2! It's just Bollocks!
Lets get labour out before it's too late, and we all have to drive electric powered shopping trolleys!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Next year if I keep my cars I will be paying over £800 road tax.

I can only use one at a time and my annual mileage is about 12k.

Ok it's a luxury having 3 cars but total value is around £17, which is not too extravagant is it for a life-long petrolhead?

If the idea of the high tax is to cut down emissions then put the tax on petrol, people would regulate usage themselves. A bit like the effect a water meter has on hosepipe users.

This country has gone mad, I read the other day about a chap who was fined about £250 for overfilling his wheelie-bin (the lid was up 4"!). He reckoned fly-tipping was cheaper.

Mr Ex

Inactive
.. The most efficient way would be to bung it on the cost of fuel then everyone has to pay according to their usage. A fairer system, no need for enforcement. bingo. Too easy.

Well no coz I'd be paying through the nose for my thirsty free tax 240.:(