hiya

sleeper1293

Forum User
I joined today as i am having a change of scene. i have been a fan of the Zcars since i worked on a 240z during my appenticship but was unable to to insure one untill now so have been into building fast mini for the last 10 years, but now im selling the minis and my motorbike to get myself my dream 240,260 or 280z. so soon i'll be looking for advice into buying my first z just got to finish my sleeper mini and sell it first.

sleeper1293

Forum User
the bike will be the last thing to go, first will be the 1970 sleeper i built with 100bhp from a 1293 motor then my project 1964 austin countryman then the golf and if i still don't have enough money then i'll sell my 1972 triumph tiger100 but only if i have to.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Hiya mate. Keep the bike (unless you want to sell it to me...). Welcome to the club. There's a guy on here who gets US import cars (if you wanted to start with a 'rust free' job, but they're left hookers and would need switching, another good project...). Enjoy it whatever you choose.

sleeper1293

Forum User
how much should i be looking to spend to get a usable 240z or 260z i want one thats solid but i don't mind if its untidy as i'll probably mod it any way. i don't mind if its a 2 seater or a 2+2

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
how much should i be looking to spend to get a usable 240z or 260z i want one thats solid but i don't mind if its untidy as i'll probably mod it any way. i don't mind if its a 2 seater or a 2+2

get to a Zed meet as this will give you a much better idea of what makes a good Zed and you can see some datsuns in the flesh !!!!!!!!!!

grolls

Well-Known Forum User

If you can find a decent car look at about 4-8k. Above that it would have to be in excellent condition. Some cheaper ones available, however you need to take advice from those in the know when considering a car that needs work as the cars can bite you and your wallet if you get it wrong.:eek:

sleeper1293

Forum User
yeah i know all about buying what looks like a good car n turns out to be a black hole for money. my last project was ment to be a quick easy rebuild £7k later and its still not done and thats just on a mini. Im lucky that betwwen me be a mechanic and my old man being very handy with a welder and a spray gun there isn't much we can't tackle ourselfs. if there any meets coming up any time soon down the south of england?