HICAS light

Russ

Club Member
Hiya,

After setting off my hicas light comes on, and I cannot find in the manual what this means. I think it's power steering fluid once you're on the move.

Can anyone confirm please? Or is it actually my hicas low on fluid?

Cheers

alanz

Well-Known Forum User
Russ said:
Hiya,

After setting off my hicas light comes on, and I cannot find in the manual what this means. I think it's power steering fluid once you're on the move.

Can anyone confirm please? Or is it actually my hicas low on fluid?

Cheers

hi russ

could be a number of things, low fluid as you say or 1 of the many hi-cas sensors maybe faulty, like if you change the stock steering wheel for an after-market 1 then the sensors on the column may have been disturbed.

go to the 300zx forums and do a search for this problem and i am sure you will find lots of info on this subject, including a complete hi-cas test to see, if any, there are any sensors at fault. be aware the test is very testing and takes sometime to get right.:eek:

"legrath" is the man for 300zx info.:bow:

hope this helps:thumbs:

alanz

Russ

Club Member
Thanks Alan, bloody HICAS, I'm not sure if I love it (going from motorway roundabout to slip road the car just follows the corner round when you boot it), or hate it (is the back end coming round or is it the hicas? lol).

I'm hoping it's just low fluid somewhere, I'll check all my fluids on Sat and go from there :)

Cheers

Russ

Club Member
Well haven't had time to look yet, but that's what I was going to do, I just wanted to confirm that's what the light related to and not some hicas fluid level or something.

Russ

Club Member
Ok Saturday, checked the power steering fluid level, it's a bit difficult to check, anyway topped it up with some Dextron III stuff as per the manual and voila light is out!

So in summary, if you have a HICAS light it's worth checking this first :)

alanz

Well-Known Forum User
Russ said:
Ok Saturday, checked the power steering fluid level, it's a bit difficult to check, anyway topped it up with some Dextron III stuff as per the manual and voila light is out!

So in summary, if you have a HICAS light it's worth checking this first :)

happy days:thumbs:

good to hear it was easily sorted:)

alanz:D