Hi. Where the best place to buy a diamond pressed vinyl set from in the UK if possib

Farmer42

Club Member
I can also recall one of the car restoration programmes (Car SOS I think) used a company that made the stuff. Not sure what it was but Fuzz Townsend owns his own restoration workshops (Westgate Classics) and you can e-mail them to find out.

richiep

Club Member
I'd go for the MSA kit from Mr.F/MJP. Easier and probably much cheaper than having the Car SOS trimmers make a kit from scratch (which I think was largely down to showing off for TV and the colour in that particular case).

uk66fastback

Club Member
Also, if you use UK suppliers, it's free advertising for them so I am sure there is come kind of contra deal/ on costs ...

If you use a US company how does anyone benefit?

Edit: I was talking about the production of TV shows here - say Car SOS or Wheeler Dealers etc - what do they call it - product placement?

Last edited by a moderator:

richiep

Club Member
Obviously it makes for good TV seeing that kind of thing being done, just like the cam reprofiling that the Wheeler Dealer guys had done - which for the average consumer would've been totally senseless from a full price perspective when an off-the-shelf alternative is available for much less.

Its up to you if you exhibit positive virtue signalling over using a domestic supplier, paying accordingly. I think people make things more difficult and expensive for themselves with these cars enough already personally...