HI people, thought I would show you my new paint job

SRRAE

Well-Known Forum User
I met some people at Santa Pod a few weeks ago, more like a month now.

I had the 2+2 which did the 12.9 :D

Anyway, thought you would like to see my paint job on my car.
All the work on the car has been done by myself and my dad helping, engine, paint body repairs :D

The car was looking a little dull because the original paint job from red to purple didnt go according to plan.

Thought I would share it with you the new 100% better paint job. Not perfect, but what you espect from spraying outside? LOL

What you think?

Rubbed down and masked up. Looking very dull.
attachment.php

Starting spraying here.
attachment.php

The finished result
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 63
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 53
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 64
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 58
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 65
A

Andytt

Boy O boy have you got some flatting and polishing to do, good shine, brave man, bet the neighbours were amused

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
Andytt said:
Boy O boy have you got some flatting and polishing to do, good shine, brave man, bet the neighbours were amused
In days gone by did they not use t-cut for finishing after spraying? if so why can you not do it now and why flatting with wet and dry would that not be more abrasive than t-cut :unsure:

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
i think you will find was wet and dry plus soap or cutting compound, i normally have to use 320 grit on a sander to get the runs out,hence i dont do paint!!!!:eek:

SRRAE

Well-Known Forum User
I used rubbing compound on the last spray job but took the shine off most of the places.
I couldnt do anything with it now as the paint really is just touch dry. it will be tacky underneath

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
to be honest, the paint dont matter mate(looks good though) its you whipping those slick top boys that bring a smug smile to my face!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D