Hi new member with 280 ZX

Graham Campbell

Club Member
I own a 1982 280ZX 2+2 auto with a targa top. I have been renovating the body work for nearly two years. When I purchased the car I was told that it was put into dry storage in the 90's. The car has been repaired and resprayed at some time before this, unfortunately the rust had just been plated over.

I am now ready to start putting the car back together but need some mechanical and rubber parts. Does anyone know of any suppliers. Ideally I would like someone in Dorset but anywhere will be a great help.

arcdef

Club Member
Not 100% sure on the zx but I found that the supply of parts in UK is lacking. Ended up ordering alot from rockauto.com, of you are careful about shipping in same location it can be reasonable.

Huw

Club Member
Hi Graham

Welcome to the club. Good to see another 280ZX back on the scene. It would be good to see a picture or two if possible.

As for parts, there is precious little available in the UK. Most supplies come from either the States or Japan mostly. Rockauto.com are good for most service parts. theZstore.com and zcarsource.com can get most stuff but are pricey. What parts are you after?

Huw

Graham Campbell

Club Member
Hi to everyone that have replied i am new to forums so hope I am doing this Right Give me a spanner any day. I am just doing the body work at the moment but want to start getting the parts to start putting it back together. the car is a total rebuild so after part from ball joint, brakes , gearbox rebuild ,engine bushing and rubber parts ( t top seals which seam to be like hens teeth) so a big shopping list. thanks for your help as I haven,t come across rock autos. have brought rear hatch window rubber from vintage rubber usa, but was hoping there was uk suppliers around.
some pic showing the car when I first git it and some of the repair work .

Attachments

• DSC03086.JPG
    DSC03086.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 43
  • SANY0142.JPG
    SANY0142.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 47
  • datsun doors inside.JPG
    datsun doors inside.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 45
  • SANY0020.JPG
    SANY0020.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 44
  • SANY0034.JPG
    SANY0034.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 46
  • hatch2 (1).JPG
    hatch2 (1).JPG
    250 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Huw

candy red

Club Member
Welcome to the club love to see some pictures of the work you need to carry out ,would be good to see Another 280zx getting restored best of luck with you project

candy red

Club Member
Hi to everyone that have replied i am new to forums so hope I am doing this Right Give me a spanner any day. I am just doing the body work at the moment but want to start getting the parts to start putting it back together. the car is a total rebuild so after part from ball joint, brakes , gearbox rebuild ,engine bushing and rubber parts ( t top seals which seam to be like hens teeth) so a big shopping list. thanks for your help as I haven,t come across rock autos. have brought rear hatch window rubber from vintage rubber usa, but was hoping there was uk suppliers around.
some pic showing the car when I first git it and some of the repair work .

Wow you’ve got your work cut out there :EXTRAeek:
I’ve got a spare tailgate if your interested although I see you’ve already started repairs to yours

Last edited:

AD240Z

Club Member
Hello Graham - welcome to the forum

The suppliers in the above thread are pretty much tried and tested .

Best of luck- it looks like you will be on first name terms with your welding supplies provider .... keep us updated .

Ped

Club Member
Hi Graham, great to see another 280zx on the scene. As others have said, not much in the way of parts in the UK. Your best bet would be to put together a shopping list and check out the links already given above. The US will probably be easiest. Best of luck!

niroshann

Club Member
There is also a chap in Florida who has taken apart a lot of ZXs and I have dealt with him and have had parts shipped to me. Would not hesitate to recommend dealing with him for anything - he is on Facebook messenger and deals with Payments via PayPal . He ships body cuts and engines all over the world. Just a question of cost effectiveness vs fabrication.