Hi all

Marty_autobahn

Forum User
Hi folks, just thought i'd say hello.

I've picked up a 280zx as a project car for the garage. It's mechanicaly sound but needs some TLC in the bodywork and suspension departments and is desperately crying out for an auto to manual conversion. :smash:

Overall i'm very pleased with it. Initially i was after another ratty Z31 to play with but the 280 was too good to miss. I wasn't keen on the looks at first but in the brief 8 hours i've had it they're really starting to grow on me. :D

Marty_autobahn

Forum User
2+2

Will gets some pics up shortly.

I put the car on the ramp yesterday for a good nosey underneath. Looks in pretty decent order for it's age in terms of rust. To be honest it's in much better shape than my '89 S13.

However, i failed to find any bushes that don't need replacing. It also desperately needs some new shocks (nearside rear has absolutely no damping properties whatsoever), and some new tyres to replace the aged plastic ones that are on it just now.

I had to replace the front silencer with some 2" pipe... not because there was anything wrong with it.... just because i couldn't hear if the engine was running or not :smash:

Ped

Club Member
...and some new tyres to replace the aged plastic ones that are on it just now.

I have Yokohamas on mine, they do them at the right size. There is a thread on this topic on the site. Tyre choice is a bit limited due to the size.

Cheers!

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
Iv got some very good KYB gas rears I took of a 2seater going cheep if you need some can post out if needed

martin