Hi! A new Z wannabe

sushisushi

Active Forum User
Hi Guys,

First post from me.

I live in South Yorkshire and run a Japanese food importer / distributor. Currently I run a 64 plate BMW M135i as a daily drive, but always loved Japanese cars. Modern ones are a bit boring though... One of my first was a MK1 MR2 which was great.

Good Z's are almost impossible to find in the UK so I've been researching buying one from the US and putting it on a Roll on Roll off ship for import.
Cost is pretty good, about $1000 for shipping.

I know what sort of car I want, but they're pretty thin on the ground, even in the US. I've made a pintrest page of the type of Z I'm after (don't snigger!). Ideally a completed rest / project car.

240Z Pintrest Page: https://www.pinteres...isushistu/240z/

Wishlist:
Not crazy horsepower or an engine transplant, but a nice rebuilt stock motor or 280z swap.
Flares / rota 17" wheels (I can actually source the wheels in the UK easily enough)
Nice fenders (not the hideous and huge crash barriers some US spec cars have
Fresh paint
Fresh interior

This is pretty much the ideal look.
http://forums.hybrid...-1398904490.jpg

Thanks for reading, any advice appreciated. I've got to start somewhere!

Stu.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Stu - these are really brilliant cars so I hope you find what you want. You will find a good UK car if you are prepared to spend the money. Consider a 260Z as they tend to be a little less expensive than a 240 . . . if you can find one! Good luck.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Welcome Stu! You may want to get hold of a member who goes by the handle JohnyMD. He recently imported a few Zs and may be able to advise you on the ins and outs of the process.

Looking forward to seeing what your search brings to the UK!

datsfun

Club Member
Welcome...there is a very tidy 2+2 that is up for sale on the continent. Has all the mods you desire..stance, 17" wheels, over fenders, and looks the bizz

Just in case 2+2 appeals..

sushisushi

Active Forum User
Sounds great but the biggest no-no for me is the +2

I'd be interested in speaking to guy who has done some importing.

PM me if you're about :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
Have to seen the White one Sean has posted about? It's lovely, by the time you've found, imported, mot'd , registered, repainted you'd be up close to the asking price, I know because that's where I'm close to, repaint next March for me, well worth looking into plus looks great in White !

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Try the Forum button at the top of the page and from the drop down menu try New Posts and you'll see the thread, or search Sean's posts

Sorry can't post link due to the Apple software on this phone not liking this site :(