hey new to this site just been given a 240z!

alexHxC

Well-Known Forum User
hi im alex im 23 from the midlands and ive got my hands on this 240z

SDC10077.jpg

been told to join up on here for all info related to the restoration n modification of these fine cars!

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Hiya Alex. Well, technically you have a great car on your hands and if it's been garaged a lot and never got moist you should have a great base to work with. Once you start moving bits about you could unearth some nasties that have the potential for big heartache. The hole in the lid is not to everyones taste but there you go. Welcome to the club anyway bud and like you say, there is a wealth of info on here and also if you click the SHOP button above there are books in there on how to restore your car / modify it. Again, helloooo!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Alex, good to see another 240. :thumbs:

This is THE place to be to get info, parts and encouragement for your restoration.

I'm the new Membership Secretary so I will obviously want you to become a fuly paid-up member (£15) and get the benefits of discounts, insurance valuation etc - speaking of which is your car insured at the moment - being a member will help you meet the conditions of cheap Classic Car Insurance.

PM me with your address and I'll post a form to you.

Your car looks good on the picture so there's the first bit of encouragement! I'm getting on a bit but have 22 and 26 year old lads who like you love the 240! Can you get down to Castle Combe race circuit this Saturday (Japfest event) and meet members of the club including me and my lads?

Good to see a new car (to me anyway - but I'm sure other members will know it) and hear from a 240 owner at the other end of the age scale:D.

Good luck, Rob

surreyseagull

Well-Known Forum User
welcome to the club mate.hope you enjoy your z.plenty of people on here who will give you sound advice on whatever you decide to do to your z.

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
Great stuff buddy, nice looking car and good to see someone reasonably young on here :D

I'm no longer the youngest at 28! :D

alexHxC

Well-Known Forum User
Hiya Alex. Well, technically you have a great car on your hands and if it's been garaged a lot and never got moist you should have a great base to work with. Once you start moving bits about you could unearth some nasties that have the potential for big heartache. The hole in the lid is not to everyones taste but there you go. Welcome to the club anyway bud and like you say, there is a wealth of info on here and also if you click the SHOP button above there are books in there on how to restore your car / modify it. Again, helloooo!

yea i already know thers a few bits that i need to attend to. 1 main part is the floors as ther jus made of 1985's newspaper and underseal! i understand this is a common place on 240s for rust? also i will be re skinning the roof to get rid of the sunroof as its kind of pap!

cheers tho mate!

Hi Alex, good to see another 240. :thumbs:

This is THE place to be to get info, parts and encouragement for your restoration.

I'm the new Membership Secretary so I will obviously want you to become a fuly paid-up member (£15) and get the benefits of discounts, insurance valuation etc - speaking of which is your car insured at the moment - being a member will help you meet the conditions of cheap Classic Car Insurance.

PM me with your address and I'll post a form to you.

Your car looks good on the picture so there's the first bit of encouragement! I'm getting on a bit but have 22 and 26 year old lads who like you love the 240! Can you get down to Castle Combe race circuit this Saturday (Japfest event) and meet members of the club including me and my lads?

Good to see a new car (to me anyway - but I'm sure other members will know it) and hear from a 240 owner at the other end of the age scale:D.

Good luck, Rob

i have just become a member paid over papal!

as for the japfest i work weekends im afraid and well the 240 is a non runner atm. and i doubt my other cars would be welcome as ther VWs haha.

cheers for the encouragement tho!

welcome to the club mate.hope you enjoy your z.plenty of people on here who will give you sound advice on whatever you decide to do to your z.

cheers mate

Quagmire

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome to the site Alex, your 240Z looks pretty good from the photos:thumbs:, Looking forward to seeing its progress:)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Thanks for joining so quickly!

I have a VW too (Golf VR6) great car - had a few campers and Beetles too, plus an Audi 100. You'll get no 'stick' from me mate.

Russ

Club Member
Hey I was 21 when I had my 240 and only 25 now ;) Admittedly mine has still never turned a wheel under it's own power...

Anyway welcome to the club!! My bro likes VWs, but even he is swinging to the Jap side :D

datsun dave

Club Member
Welcome Alex to the club go have a look in the classifieds as there are lots of second hand parts for sale that will come in very handy for your restoration.

All the best mate and dont be scared to ask any question on the forum we are here to help.

Mr.G

Club Member
Alex,

Looks like a nice base to start with.

Enjoy Z ownership, it gets into your blood.