Help with MSA / Zstore order - pay by wire transfer?

Robotsan

Club Member
Hi,

I'm trying to make an order with MSA, but they've said a first order made from abroad has to be paid via bank transfer. That's fine, but I've got 2 issues:

1.) My bank (Lloyds) say that I need to tell them who Union's 'Correspondent Bank' is, in the US. This is because Union are a smaller, US-only bank, so Lloyds don't have a relationship/connection with them, so any money transferred has to go via one of the larger international-sized US banks like Wells Fargo.

I've asked MSA for this, but its been a while and they don't seem to know.

Has anyone done a wire transfer to them before, and do you know who the correspondent bank is?

2. ) The information they've given me doesn't 100% tally with the fields I've got on the Lloyds international payments page. Account number is fine, but they've also given me a Routing number, for which there's no field for on Lloyds. There is however a 'Fedwire' number. I *think* this is the same thing, but I want to be sure before proceeding. I have spoken to Lloyds' customer services, and they don't know!

Confusingly, when you click the little link on Lloyds which says "What is a Fedwire code?" it opens this box (below), and proceeds to talk about 'Clearing codes'. But it does mention 'routing number' too. From my googling, they all appear to be a 9 digit number, which tallies up with the number MSA have given me, but again, I just want to be sure!

1653397051378.png

Faster Behr

Club Member
I ordered from them a few weeks ago and paid by credit card on their website. Then they processed the payment manually their end when they accepted the order.

Could you not transfer money to someone in the US and then they pay for it?

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Hold up Robotsan, that's got scam written all over it. I didn't have that issue with them my first time either.

Robotsan

Club Member
I ordered from them a few weeks ago and paid by credit card on their website. Then they processed the payment manually their end when they accepted the order.

Could you not transfer money to someone in the US and then they pay for it?

Interesting, thanks. I imagine that wasn't your first order though? Can you remember if you had to do a wire transfer for your first one?

They're telling me it has to be wire transferred for the first order.

And yes, I think getting someone else to order for me might be my best bet.

Faster Behr

Club Member
I've just looked back at my order. I put my payment info in for my c/card in the checkout and then they got back to me a couple of days later with a shipping cost (I don't think their website is clever enough to do shipping costs so they do it manually). They then charged my card and sent the stuff.

The only time I ever had this sort of thing was ordering through Banzai Motorworks. They only do cash via Western Union.

Robotsan

Club Member
I've just looked back at my order. I put my payment info in for my c/card in the checkout and then they got back to me a couple of days later with a shipping cost (I don't think their website is clever enough to do shipping costs so they do it manually). They then charged my card and sent the stuff.

The only time I ever had this sort of thing was ordering through Banzai Motorworks. They only do cash via Western Union.
Thank you! That's exactly what I did. Only difference was it was able to calculate shipping as I was having it sent to @SacCyclone . I think it's only international orders they can't do that for.

So this is really odd then.

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Technically, it is a payment from overseas, but the order isn't overseas, it's going a stone's throw to Mike?

Perhaps the address you filled in wasn't Mike's address initially? Which has then triggered this?

Robotsan

Club Member
Technically, it is a payment from overseas, but the order isn't overseas, it's going a stone's throw to Mike?

Perhaps the address you filled in wasn't Mike's address initially? Which has then triggered this?

That's true, perhaps they've thought it's being shipped overseas. I 100% put Mike's address in the shipping address and mine in the billing address though.

MCBladeRun

Club Member
That's exactly what I done, albeit 3 years ago, they may have had to update their process because of fraud and it's their bank that's put this process in place?

Robotsan

Club Member
That's exactly what I done, albeit 3 years ago, they may have had to update their process because of fraud and it's their bank that's put this process in place?

Yeah, quite possibly. I've emailed them to ask for clarification but haven't got a reply yet.

SacCyclone

Club Member
"your order is set to ship once the items are in our inventory".....sounds like they are missing some of the items from inventory??

As I have already agreed to, send me the money and I will place the order......I'm a frequent flyer at MSA.

Robotsan

Club Member
"your order is set to ship once the items are in our inventory".....sounds like they are missing some of the items from inventory??

As I have already agreed to, send me the money and I will place the order......I'm a frequent flyer at MSA.

Yeah, that was their first email to say that the weatherstrip kit was out of stock.
Everything being ordered now is in stock.

Thanks again Mike!