help with connections please UK 240 Z RHD

Col-b

Club Member
hi guys im just putting my Zed back together after it has come back from the body shop. Can any one help with some queries please see pics attached .
Wire 1 Do any of these plugs plug into each other not sure if they came apart at the body shop when they fitted doors back on. The top plug has red and white wired bottom one just black, then there is just one black bacle on its own. Or are they left unplugged ?.
Wire 2 Any idea what this cable may have been for is it a live feed been taped up. Also not sure what the fuse is for its on another cable.
Wire 3 I'm about to fit a retro radio i'm guessing one of these connectors is for the radio any idea what the others are for ?
Sorry not good with wiring diagrams any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Attachments

• wire 1.jpg
    wire 1.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 69
  • wire 2.jpg
    wire 2.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 67
  • wire 3.jpg
    wire 3.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 66

uk66fastback

Club Member
The blue wire in pic 2 is for ‘accessories’ ... so unless you had any or are intending to fit any, leave it taped up.

If I could get to the driver’s door of my car I may be able to answer the first question but there’ll be someone along soon who can answer I’m sure.

Col-b

Club Member
Thanks Mike
Rob so does that mean i should plug the red and white lead into the black one ? And do you know which connection is for the radio ? if its the 3 pin one is one live and the other 2 for speakers ?

thanks

Colin

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Thanks Mike
Rob so does that mean i should plug the red and white lead into the black one ? And do you know which connection is for the radio ? if its the 3 pin one is one live and the other 2 for speakers ?

thanks

Colin

Yes plug it in. Out of interest do you have another on the opposite side of the car?

Radio?

Col-b

Club Member
Thanks Rob.
Another quick question i'm putting the headlights back in can anyone tell me if picture 1 are the headlight connections, is picture 2 the indicator connections and picture 3 are the connections from my headlights any idea where they connect to in picture 1 ? Or if any one has a picture of where there cables plug in on your 240Z ?

Many thanks
Colin

Attachments

• 1..jpg
    1..jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 2..jpg
    2..jpg
    126 KB · Views: 37
  • 3..jpg
    3..jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 41

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Don't forget your horns as they mount on the front panel so some wiring might be for them