Help - voltage regulator

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Does anyone have, or know where I might quickly obtain (ie not from the States), a voltage regulator, preferably new? Mr F and Pmac don't have one to hand (unusually) so I'm hoping someone out there might know of a little motorfactors place in this country that might just have one?

Arkwright

Inactive
Round about 2002 mine failed and someone told me the same thing could be found on an Isuzu? fork lift truck. I managed to obtain the real thing (probably from MrF) but it may be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
The voltage regulator is different between the 260Z and 240Z by the way, they have a different plug

andrew muir

Club Member
Hi Riddler I take it you have the rectangular plug? if so you can have my old one, it worked fine till I took it off, but if I were you I would upgrade to internally regulated alternator.
So earlier posts about regulators etc, I got mine easily and with a zclub discount was just over £100 quid for brand new one.:thumbs:

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Riddler I take it you have the rectangular plug? if so you can have my old one, it worked fine till I took it off, but if I were you I would upgrade to internally regulated alternator.
So earlier posts about regulators etc, I got mine easily and with a zclub discount was just over £100 quid for brand new one.:thumbs:

Haven't checked yet because it is hidden on the backside of the bracket which carries the two fusible link boxes. Waiting to hear from Mr G about his new one and if it is not the right type would be interested in taking you up on your offer - many thanks!
Would also be interested to know where you obtained a combined alternator/voltage regulator for £100!

Mr.G

Club Member
I've now cleared some PMs so please send again. I will take a couple of shots as well as a photo of the plug so you can be sure it's what you require.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Managed to get out there in the dark and the rain, and it would seem to have the rectangular plug on it.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Managed to get out there in the dark and the rain, and it would seem to have the rectangular plug on it.

I thought the 240z one had a rectangular plug and the 260z had a circular one, I guess not!

Couldn't go by what was on my car as someone had soldered it to the harness :conf2:

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I thought the 240z one had a rectangular plug and the 260z had a circular one, I guess not!

Couldn't go by what was on my car as someone had soldered it to the harness :conf2:

Does anyone have the answer to this? I am worried now I have looked at the wrong thing. It is hiding under the bracket supporting the fusible links and I could clearly see a rectangular plug leading under there with six wires coming from it?

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Well if Andrew's 260z also had a rectangular plug I guess that must be correct. Going by info on the net it seems that the circular plug types also had different pinouts depending on year of manufacture just to confuse matters.

Mr.F

Inactive
t is hiding under the bracket supporting the fusible links and I could clearly see a rectangular plug leading under there with six wires coming from it?

You've tracked it to its lair...

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User

Sent you a personal message and an email.
Does your plug look like this pic?

Attachments

• DSCF0049 (Large).jpg
    DSCF0049 (Large).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 25