Help Re-con Cylinder Head

asbojohn

Club Member
After a few months and 3,000 miles my cylinder head has decided to spring a leak

Does anyone have any ideas where I can pick up a replacement to fit a 240 without resorting to shipping from the state?

Cheers

John

asbojohn

Club Member
A section of the head has corroded / blown through which is letting water pass through it into the exhaust port.

I'll try and post a picture up later.

Car started producing a lot of steam out of the exhaust. My son was driving at the time so needless to say he's in the sh*ie

asbojohn

Club Member
Cheers Rob, someone is taking a look at it but the location might be a little difficult to get at.

IMG_8482_zpsfxrr78xn.jpeg

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I have two E88 heads available.
Call to discuss if interested.
Cash n collect only.
07778 411568

Attachments

• DSCF5499.JPG
    DSCF5499.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF5500.JPG
    DSCF5500.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF5501.JPG
    DSCF5501.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF5502.JPG
    DSCF5502.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF5503.JPG
    DSCF5503.JPG
    292.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF5504.JPG
    DSCF5504.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF5505.JPG
    DSCF5505.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 36

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
That's shocking.....That's years of running without Antifreeze I guess. Typical Americans

I'm sure the guy you bought it off would give you your money back

asbojohn

Club Member
That's shocking.....That's years of running without Antifreeze I guess. Typical Americans

I'm sure the guy you bought it off would give you your money back

Doubt it, it was Mike Brewers brother, he even told me the steering wheel was on the right side.

ben240z

Club Member
That is repairable but it may be easier to change to a good head. Unless yours has been worked

status

Well-Known Forum User
If you have the head off Pmac I can pick it up for you as I'm dropping some gear off at his house in just over a weeks time,I'm based stansted area and coming back on the sunday so could meet up if that's any good as I'll be coming down the a14

asbojohn

Club Member
Status, thanks for offer I was up in Sheffield today so managed to collect them both. Hopefully the Z won't be off the road for to long.

Can't believe how lucky we were with it going now as the cars only done 50 miles or so since getting back from Lemans

Thanks everyone for the help

asbojohn

Club Member
Not far from St Ives. That sounds like a good idea although I suspect I'll be out of action for a few weeks at least.

status

Well-Known Forum User
That's cool,there are a few round here so might do an evening meet,see wot suits,I'm away next 3weekends so will have to work it when in not out with the band,will try and get some 280zx involved if there are any