Help for friend RE: Insuring Classic

LittleKezza

Forum User
Hey guys,

Thought I'd bend your ear. A friend of mine is planning on buying a Triumph Stag (sorry!) and looking for insurance before she decides for sure.

Her problems seems to be that it will be her daily driver and she doesn't want to HAVE to have it garaged - so she can go visit friends etc in it.

Could you make some suggestions of people to try for insurance considering these circumstances?

Thanks,
K x

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Hey Kezza,

I would definitely try Houghton Insurance, they did my 300zx, and were very reasonable too!

I'm pretty sure they weren't bothered by the fact that it lived on my driveway, as it's not a stipulation of their classic policy.

As far as I'm aware, they're now an affiliated member of 300zx.co.uk, so it may be worth investigating from this angle, though it's a toss-up as to wether the discount one could get is worth the £20 joining fee (although registering to check is free).

The website can be found here ... Houghton Insurance .

HTH,
JB. :D

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I'm with Houghton's too. Car is now garaged, but wasn't when policy started three years ago. No problem.

TL

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I am with Houghton as well, although the car is garaged now.Previously the car was insured through Firebond and was declared as being parked on the drive, on a limited mileage policy.
Cheerz,
JEZ

Check out the Insurance companies links section in LINKS.