Hello to all!

Ashley

Club Member
I have just joined the forum to learn more about 240/260z as I may be interested in a 2 seater model in the future.

Ironically I live in Calverton Notts but have just found out you had your Z festival there last weekend! Just my luck to miss out on it!!

I know nothing really about these lovely cars so any advice would be greatfully received.

Are they reliable and are there any common problems etc?. Are they good to drive as an every day car?

If you have a regular local meet I would love to come along sometime.

Kind regards
Ashley

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Ashley, what a shame you missed the meet.

The 240/260s are great cars, liked by old blokes such as myself and young guys too now - is the term for these cars 'old skool'?

The cars are very reliable and easy to work on, the only major problem being rust. Many of the british cars have rusted away and so they are now quite rare.

A standard car could be a dailey driver but it would suffer from rain/salt/grit. Best to keep one for dry days only.

A drive in one of these is an adventure - so 'involving' compared to modern cars :driving:.

Russ

Club Member
Welcome to the club site :) Get on youtube and search S30 and there'll be a bunch of videos to get you hooked :)

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
welcome to the club.you will find plenty of advice on here

Ashley

Club Member
Hi Ashley, what a shame you missed the meet.

The 240/260s are great cars, liked by old blokes such as myself and young guys too now - is the term for these cars 'old skool'?

The cars are very reliable and easy to work on, the only major problem being rust. Many of the british cars have rusted away and so they are now quite rare.

A standard car could be a dailey driver but it would suffer from rain/salt/grit. Best to keep one for dry days only.

A drive in one of these is an adventure - so 'involving' compared to modern cars :driving:.
Thanx for the warm welcome and advice Rob.

Arkwright

Inactive
Hi Ashley, just found this post. I organise Zed Fest at Calverton and live nearby. There will be another one same time next year but we will be having lots of meets before then. Keep tuned in and remember you don't need to own a Z to attend our events.