Hello to all

scoopy_

Forum User
Hello all.
I have joined this forum on the advice of a guy who bought a leather trimmed dash from me on a well known auction site.
I don't own a Z but have trimmed a few over the years.
This isn't a full time occupation any more and i'm not touting for work at the moment as I have a backlog of work to get through, but if I can offer any advice to the members trim related (as I know nothing about the rest of these cars) I will be more than happy to help.

My own toy is a Cobra replica built some 20 years ago, you never know I may even add a Z to the stable at some point in the future.

Russ

Club Member
Very interesting, I'm just trimming some of my 300zx :) Just sent off for samples to match the interior, using William Marston (I think) in Birmingham, hoping they can match what I need.

Do you know of any good material for a boot floor? The 300 has a rubber backed carpet, and I'd like to get some more of that probably or something similar. I now have a sub right in the middle of my boot floor and I cannot bring myself to cut the original carpet up.

Welcome to the site :)

scoopy_

Forum User
I use marstons for some stuff, they sell 3 grades of carpet Tufted (as found in MG's) rubber backed wool mix (as found in Jags) and wilton. lots of colours available they will send samples if you ask nicely
The rubber backed is good stuff and mid range in terms of price. you may need to get the edges bound to stop it fraying unless you are glueing it down. if glueing use Alpha 1358 glue, expensive circa £15 / litre but heat resistant so won't peel on hot days

Very interesting, I'm just trimming some of my 300zx :) Just sent off for samples to match the interior, using William Marston (I think) in Birmingham, hoping they can match what I need.

Do you know of any good material for a boot floor? The 300 has a rubber backed carpet, and I'd like to get some more of that probably or something similar. I now have a sub right in the middle of my boot floor and I cannot bring myself to cut the original carpet up.

Welcome to the site :)

Russ

Club Member
You should be able to attach pictures to this thread if you click "Go Advanced" just under the box you type into reply :)

When they ring for my credit card number (if they find a match) I shall jump them for some little samples then. Needs to be fairly short pile and modern looking, nice fluffy fancy jag carpet wouldn't go too well in my 300 :)

Thanks for the heads up, good thinking about the edging. I hope I can fold it in over the edge of the false floor depending how it goes.

scoopy_

Forum User
Tried the go advanced option but when I tried to insert image it asked for a URL address, only got pictures on file on PC so couldn't attach it. pm me you email and i will send pic.
The rubber backed is a short pile carpet probably not too different from OE.

scoopy_

Forum User
OOPS: This was posted by me (Russ), not scoopy, I was logged in as scoopy making sure he had access to upload pictures and forgot to log out :) Sorry

Just above where it says "Upload file from a URL" should be five boxes, each with a browse button to the right of it where you can choose pics from your pc.

Nice one on the carpet. I need to make my mind up because I have two amps underneath the false floor I should show off, but then it makes the boot even less practical having perspex windows in it (unless I have a nice carpet cutout that drops into them).

PDX-4.100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

scoopy_

Forum User
Tried a different machine and hey presto picture attached for you.
ignore the colour it is Cream not white, as you have probably realised I an not too good at all this computer stuff

Attachments

• 300z dash 3.jpg
    300z dash 3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 28

scoopy_

Forum User
That was the guy who suggested I join this site, when he came to collect it turns out I did the seats and panels in his car via Paul SWZ some time ago. what are the chances of that.
Hi and Welcome!!!
Looks like the dash Cooperswb (Darrell)bought. Very nice.

Russ

Club Member
scoopy, ahh so are you the trimmer Paul kept saying he knew and could put me in touch with?

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Could you give me a price on a pair of seat covers in leather for a 240 ? I can give you some old covers for the pattern.

Russ

Club Member
Looks very nice indeed (the 300 dash).

On a side note just to say William Marston Ltd (William Marston Ltd - Motor & Marine Upholstery Supplies) were absolutely spot on, I sent them a sample of my 300 interior, and they didn't just ring me back to get my credit card like I asked, two days later my original sample returned with four good size piece sof near matches, all nicely labelled, along with a scrim I could use. The WM80 (Mercedes) material is a very good match and so I shall be placing an order with them Tuesday :)