Hello. New here and looking for info / help on my old Z

djmc

Forum User
Im now 50.....and every day since I was 22 and sold my 260Z UYN 55S I have felt like a plank.... polite way of putting it .

So here I am asking if anyone knows if it still exists......????

I have no children and never been married so the only true unconditional love I have experience was UYN 55S

Can anyone help???

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
It does belong to a member of the club.
Hopefully they'll put their hand up soon.

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hey djmc!

I now own your car and its been under restoration for the last 7 years, mainly as I've been restoring a house at the same time! Its had a full bare metal respray etc and Im hoping to have it driveable by summer next year.

Here is the link to the restoration

https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/my-260z-rebuild.17868/page-8#post-191629

Give me a PM if you want any more information on it! It would be cool to talk to you and find out a little about the car when you owned it!

djmc

Forum User
You just brought a tear to my eye, That is so amazing.... unbelievable that my baby is still around and being loved.

Your a top man. Let me write down so info on my ownership and Ill PM you soon.

TimW

Club Member
Hi and welcome.. Always nice to hear of stories of peeps catching up with their old cars..

The two horns, do you know if they were originally silver.. plated maybe.. I'm in the process of restoring mine and was wondering if stock horns were plated.. or plated then painted black. Anyone know, please? It's a 1978 uk 260z if that makes any difference, which I doubt.

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hi and welcome.. Always nice to hear of stories of peeps catching up with their old cars..

The two horns, do you know if they were originally silver.. plated maybe.. I'm in the process of restoring mine and was wondering if stock horns were plated.. or plated then painted black. Anyone know, please? It's a 1978 uk 260z if that makes any difference, which I doubt.

Hey Tim,

This UYN55S is also a 1978 UK car. I dont think the horns were on it when I had it but I will investigate as they should be in a box somewhere. I have a funny feeling they're painted though

s2k_adz

Club Member
You just brought a tear to my eye, That is so amazing.... unbelievable that my baby is still around and being loved.

Your a top man. Let me write down so info on my ownership and Ill PM you soon.

No worries Tim! Im glad I could be of help!

Ive sent you a PM and when you reply I'll send over my number if you want a chat.

djmc

Forum User
Hi the horns were on the car when I owned it 1990. I cleaned then up and use a rattle can to freshen them up.

I quite liked them sitting in the big open mouth area at the front.