Hello from Zcardepot.com

Zcardepot.com

New Forum User
Zcardepot has joined the Zclub.net. We specialize in parts for restoration and performance for the 1970-83 S30 and S130. We are based in Missouri, USA. We ship international and are introducing new and custom parts on a regular basis.

https://zcardepot.com/

We would like to do some advertising on the zclub.net if anyone knows how we can do that please contact us at: sales@zcardepot.com.

Thanks, Ryan
Zcardepot.com

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Ryan - nice to see you here.

Sean

ps already working with us over this side of Channel for a while, I hear only positive feedback with great, rapid communication.

Farmer42

Club Member
Zcardepot has joined the Zclub.net. We specialize in parts for restoration and performance for the 1970-83 S30 and S130. We are based in Missouri, USA. We ship international and are introducing new and custom parts on a regular basis.

https://zcardepot.com/

We would like to do some advertising on the zclub.net if anyone knows how we can do that please contact us at: sales@zcardepot.com.

Thanks, Ryan
Zcardepot.com

Hi Ryan

It's good to see another available supplier.

Before I go any further, unfortunately I cannot help with advertising on this forum. However it would be useful if you could answer a couple of questions that may be of interest to people on here.

I have ordered stuff from various Z parts suppliers in the States but the main problem is the astronomical costs involved with shipping. Most of the parts people need are available and are reasonably priced on their own and if they were bought and shipped within the US. However, when we have to factor in the exchange rate and then double the cost of the part in some cases with shipping costs then finally our government rips us for import duty and tax, it makes parts very expensive. I have also noticed that postage costs also vary quite considerably when different carriers are used e.g. US Postal Service, FedEx etc.

You have said that you ship internationally but there is no info on your website on average costs to the UK and the courier or postal service you use. I have noticed that some US-based advertisers on e-bay quote some sort of international scheme where it is an all in price. Would you consider doing this to gain UK trade?

Paul

Nexussteve

Well-Known Forum User
Good shout Paul.
There's a lot of stuff I've seen on "the depot" but import can be ludicrous!

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Good to see you on here Ryan :thumbs:

I recently purchased a replacement brake servo from zcardepot and was really pleased with the service, communication was great and shipping times were fantastic. Hopefully an admin will turn up to arrange this for you. Would certainly be of benefit to the members on her :D

Paul the question about shipping is almost like saying 'how long is a piece of string'! Its all going to depend on the size and weight of the items being shipped. Plus there's not exactly anything we can do to get around being stung by HM Revenue and Customs charges (as much as I'd love to)

I personally found the postal quote I had very reasonable, I'm sure if you have something in mind Ryan will be happy to assist.

Farmer42

Club Member
Good to see you on here Ryan :thumbs:

I recently purchased a replacement brake servo from zcardepot and was really pleased with the service, communication was great and shipping times were fantastic. Hopefully an admin will turn up to arrange this for you. Would certainly be of benefit to the members on her :D

Paul the question about shipping is almost like saying 'how long is a piece of string'! Its all going to depend on the size and weight of the items being shipped. Plus there's not exactly anything we can do to get around being stung by HM Revenue and Customs charges (as much as I'd love to)

I personally found the postal quote I had very reasonable, I'm sure if you have something in mind Ryan will be happy to assist.

I am aware that the costs are going to be wholly dependant on size & weight and that we cant stop the taxman taking his large slice however, my point really was that there was nothing on their website about international shipping terms. What are their preferred service cos as I said, they vary considerably in price and also delivery times. For example, I have had something by DHL that got through customs quickly and delivered straight to my door with no hassle and a reasonable price. On the other hand another supplier used USPS which got to the UK customs, took 3 weeks to process and then handed over to Parcel Force who charged a handling fee, then a delivery fee and then didn't deliver for another 2 weeks. The part which was about £30 then ended up at around £85.

Some info in this respect like other suppliers provide would be useful.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I am aware that the costs are going to be wholly dependant on size & weight and that we cant stop the taxman taking his large slice however, my point really was that there was nothing on their website about international shipping terms. What are their preferred service cos as I said, they vary considerably in price and also delivery times. For example, I have had something by DHL that got through customs quickly and delivered straight to my door with no hassle and a reasonable price. On the other hand another supplier used USPS which got to the UK customs, took 3 weeks to process and then handed over to Parcel Force who charged a handling fee, then a delivery fee and then didn't deliver for another 2 weeks. The part which was about £30 then ended up at around £85.

Some info in this respect like other suppliers provide would be useful.

Makes more sense now :thumbs: (Very valid point to which I look forward to the response)

If its any help in the meantime, when Ryan send me the brake servo its was USPS Express 3 day. It arrived at the specified UK address 3 days later and the VAT man caught up with me later via post. (The faster delivery was understandably at extra cost though as i needed to part asap, he does have a standard service that I haven't personally used as well).

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
That's interesting- everything I've ever had via USPS came slowly via parcelfarce and demand for (large) payment before delivery.
UPS and Fedex a very different story.

kitesurfer

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Ryan,
Just seen your post here. As you can see I've joined the zclub as a member to help with my cars restoration and hopefully get involved with some of the forthcoming events.
I would definitely like to say a big thanks to you for shipping my required parts very efficiently and also for your help on the technical side of things. I'm feeling a lot more confident in sorting out all those redundant engine pipes!!
I hope things work out for you on this site, which, after only 3 days, I am already finding very friendly and informative. I will be in contact with you early in the New Year for some more parts.
Best wishes
Nick