Hello from France

s2mad

New Forum User
Hello Everyone,

My name is Simon and I am a member of the datsun-france community.

I have a 1978 280Z automatic from California which I brought back (mountain!) with me 2 years ago, after 5 years spent in Los Angeles.
It was my daily driver, great having an automatic in L.A's traffic.

Now I want to convert this baby to a 4 or 5 speed, to be able to take it to the track and have fun.

This car has approx 200 000 Miles and runs fine.
Mostly stock, K&N air filter, MSA 6-2-1 header (I used to live 25 miles from their shop!), front and rear strut bars, front urethane spoiler, rear wing...and a bit of rust here and there but nothing major.

See you on the forum.

Attachments

• 280Z1s.JPG
    280Z1s.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 280Z2s.JPG
    280Z2s.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 280Z3s.jpg
    280Z3s.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 280Z4s.jpg
    280Z4s.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 20
  • 280Z5s.jpg
    280Z5s.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 24

JakTheRuby

Club Member
If you're gonna take it to the track, you'll want to lose the really big US safety equipment (those bumpers) and get some plastic replicas of the 240/260 style bumpers! Oh and a big welcome to the club. There is a wealth info info on here about pretty much everything Z related. And if you can't find it then start a chat, it's all good!

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome

A very warm welcome to you Simon. Its a small world & interactive communication &
participation linking up the worlds Z fraternity is a good thing! just muck in & make yourself at home.:thumbs: Regardzz DJZ 60.:)

Mr Ex

Inactive
Hello Everyone,

My name is Simon and I am a member of the datsun-france community.

I have a 1978 280Z automatic from California which I brought back (mountain!) with me 2 years ago, after 5 years spent in Los Angeles.
It was my daily driver, great having an automatic in L.A's traffic.

Now I want to convert this baby to a 4 or 5 speed, to be able to take it to the track and have fun.

This car has approx 200 000 Miles and runs fine.
Mostly stock, K&N air filter, MSA 6-2-1 header (I used to live 25 miles from their shop!), front and rear strut bars, front urethane spoiler, rear wing...and a bit of rust here and there but nothing major.

See you on the forum.

It looks good & just run in.:D