heater cock

chris frizzell

Club Member
i does anyone no a quick and cheap way to fix a heater cock valve as mine leaks a little other than blocking it off thanks chris

Paul_S

Club Member
It's a shame no one answered this as I'm in the same boat (as it were!)

I am just about to investigate mine but, to save time, does anyone know if they are serviceable?

Also, if I need to buy a replacement, I am I right to assume they are handed? If so, can they be converted from LHD to RHD?

So many questions!

Edit: I should have said, mine in a '71 240Z

Farmer42

Club Member
I don't think the heater cock is handed. The inlet and outlet pipes go through the bulkhead in the same place on a lhd or a RHD so the valve must be in the same place on the heater.

I don't think they are repairable cos I haven't seen the seals on sale anywhere but don't quote me on that.

Paul_S

Club Member
Thanks for that :)

From what I've seen you are right about them being the same. I checked online for the US ones and they look the same as mine.

I've managed to remove and free up my valve now and from a small amount of testing I think it holds pressure so it doesn't leak out of the system. I can't guarantee the valve isn't letting through, but if 'off' isn't '100% off' then I'm not too worried.

I have asked Mr F for a quote for a new one though, as I'd rather not take the risk of this one leaking in the car.

johnymd

Club Member
Those generic ones sound like a pretty good option. Having just replaced the heater hose on one of the cars I now like the option of relocating it a little.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
New ones are available to buy from the US, mine looked a state and was fairly buggered when we refurbed the heater matrix.

They aren't servicable to my knowledge, we bought a nos one and the difference between the two was night and day. It's now a pleasure to use. I'm fairly certain there's photos in my project thread....